GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doubles in dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Granovsky
Mexico
Guadalajara
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubt witht the doubles:

1.-If I retreive 3 workers and I roll a double then I get to put two dice in a turn and one dice on a different turn, correct?

2.-If I get "bumped" out of a space I have to roll immediately, if I get a matching number with my previous doubles (so I have 3 identic dices), THIS IS MY QUESTION, Do I get to use the three dices in a single turn? or Just the two I rolled together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pgranovsky wrote:
Doubt witht the doubles:

1.-If I retreive 3 workers and I roll a double then I get to put two dice in a turn and one dice on a different turn, correct?

2.-If I get "bumped" out of a space I have to roll immediately, if I get a matching number with my previous doubles (so I have 3 identic dices), THIS IS MY QUESTION, Do I get to use the three dices in a single turn? or Just the two I rolled together?

It doesn't matter when you rolled them.

I don't remember if triplets are treated the same as doubles though. Can you play all matching dice in the same turn or only 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the global rule: Look at your dice at the beginning of your turn (that's when it matters). For any dice you have at the beginning of your turn that have the same number on them, you can place all of them on your turn. It's only those dice that are eligible to be placed on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
pgranovsky wrote:
Doubt witht the doubles:

It doesn't matter when you rolled them.

I don't remember if triplets are treated the same as doubles though. Can you play all matching dice in the same turn or only 2?

Page 4 of the rules under Option #1 Exceptions: "When you have available workers that share the same knowledge (a pair, three of a kind, four of a kind) at the beginning of your turn, you may place all of these workers on the same turn."

EDIT: ninja'd by designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Ferg
Japan
Tokyo
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last game I played, my friend rolled three dice when retrieving his workers. The results were 2, 2, 4. On his next turn, he played the 4 and not his pair of 2s. He got a resource with the 4, and then used that resource on his next turn when he played his 2s, completing a building. Was this correct/OK or did he HAVE to play the double 2s before he could play anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E Ferg: Your friend played it correctly. He could have even just played one of the 2s and not the other.

A common (recommended) variant is that if you have doubles (or triples/quadruples), to place dice beyond the first, you have to pay 1 morale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Ferg
Japan
Tokyo
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, Jamey! This was my sense during the game so I didn't bring it up while we were playing. I've never played with the variant you mentioned, but will try it out the next time I play. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.