GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Wellycon Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is coming up in a few weeks:
https://www.wellycon.org.nz/event/wellycon-x/

Every year I've intended to go and something has come up, but no excuses this time! I've set aside the weekend for gaming goodness and am really hoping to get some longer games to the table that I seldom have the chance for.

With that, seems like a good idea to try to schedule that sort of thing in advance, though I'm not sure how feasible that is, but what the heck, thought I'd give this a shot.

So anyone attending interested in any of the following:

* Clash of Monarchs
* For the People
* Paths of Glory

If by some supreme stroke of good fortune there's anyone interested in a more 'serious' wargame, I'd be happy to bring along any of the following:

* 1805 Sea of Glory
* Any of OSG's Library of Napoleonic Battles titles (except NaR)
* Any Der Weltkrieg title
* Great War in Europe Deluxe

In the less martial side of things, I always enjoy Terraforming Mars, but have played a fair few games of that, so happy to play/teach, but its a lesser priority than the others.

For 'euros,' Die Macher is atop my list that I want to give a whirl if anyone's got it (the others on my list I have, but this one I haven't pulled the trigger on yet).

Finally, the trio of GMT CDGs Twilight Struggle, 1989 & 1960 are certainly fun, and would happily get these on the table -- though given there shorter play-time, my hope is to get the longer stuff in and fill-out the rest of the time with these three, Terraforming Mars and/or Power Grid.

An aspirational list to be sure, but who knows? Anyone else planning on attending and got some things they're dying to have a chance to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.