flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
leroy43 wrote:
Thread locked

Hey, no double dipping!

And for the record, I didn't permanently lock it. It just needed a cool down.

You can see the dumpster fire here - https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25722386#25722386

In all reality, that thread got locked because we stopped talking about the original intent of the thread (nukes and those who use them), and it derailed into discussions about the TRUE dumpster fire - the Cleveland Browns and their fans!

Are you going to lock this thread since I am not actually discussing Chapels original thoughts about locking threads and instead have derailed this thread towards the proper use of the term "dumpster fire"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
wysire wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
... Gripes about thread derailment add to the problem of derailment and are more annoying than the initial thread derailment.

Wrong. Read the tale told by the thumb responses.
And I don't like Pandemic either. Am I wrong again?

Not sure how you think that's relevant. Do you disagree that the thumbs in a thread are a good indication of what the people reading the thread think about the posts in the thread?
Thumbs are entirely irrelevant as to what I find annoying.

No kidding. A true revelation there.
Your comment at the top of this ziggurat sounds like it's making the general statement that people calling out derailment are more annoying than the original derailment. It sounds like you think that's the position most people hold. Clearly that is not the case, unless you think most people tend to thumb threads that they find MORE annoying than other threads.

If you were only speaking for yourself and your preferences, then that's fine, but you need to work on your phrasing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmb
chrisnd wrote:

Are you going to lock this thread since I am not actually discussing Chapels original thoughts about locking threads and instead have derailed this thread towards the proper use of the term "dumpster fire"?

As the official OP, I will allow pointing out Admins AND the trashing of the Cleveland Browns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Come on... an admin showing up and locking this thread would be so deliciously meta!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
Come on... an admin showing up and locking this thread would be so deliciously meta!

Yeah, but now that Chapel has allowed the trashing of the Cleveland Browns, the Admin's will only be proving their capricious behavior if they do lock this boring and unimaginative thread!

However, tonight will be the start of a new beginning for the Cleveland Browns - what was once a raging dumpster fire just outside the "Factory of Sadness" on the shores of Lake Erie will now become just a few trash barrell fires littering West 3rd and Public Square!

(Anyone want to place bets that the Browns will somehow royally screw the pooch and find a way to end the evening without Myles Garrett, three less picks, and DeShone Kizer as their next quarterback?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
chrisnd wrote:

As the official OP, I will allow pointing out Admins AND the trashing of the Cleveland Browns.
You are also the "original poster" of the sports talk now that the actual triggering post was deleted!

Pete (is amused that your thread was locked because you apparently derailed it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
plezercruz wrote:

I've been derailing threads since before 99.999% of people on BGG even knew the BGG existed. I'm sure I was derailing threads on Spielfrieks when Scott was dreaming up a place called BGG. Shoot, he probably thought, man that guy is always derailing threads here, if only I had a site with a forum and an off topic category this lunatic could squat on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

I've been derailing threads since before 99.999% of people on BGG even knew the BGG existed. I'm sure I was derailing threads on Spielfrieks when Scott was dreaming up a place called BGG. Shoot, he probably thought, man that guy is always derailing threads here, if only I had a site with a forum and an off topic category this lunatic could squat on.

When you use the word "squat", I think less of someone just sitting down and taking up space, and more along the lines of a naked-ass gorilla squatting and dumping a load all over the forest floor.

Sort of like what you do in threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
chrisnd wrote:
[

When you use the word "squat", I think less of someone just sitting down and taking up space, and more along the lines of a naked-ass gorilla squatting and dumping a load all over the forest floor.

Either works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

When you use the word "squat", I think ... along the lines of a naked-ass gorilla squatting and dumping a load all over the forest floor.

Chapel is also a performance artist. He performs this routine, but only wearing the top half (waist up) Gorilla costume. It plays very well at children's parties and black-tie fundraisers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

Good pick on Mr. Garrett.

Maybe things will turn around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

3 wins this year will be a "turn around", and because we did not pick a QB in the first round, and instead got two defensive players and a TE, it may actually happen.

It's not like we actually have anyone that will be able to, you know, THROW THE BALL to the new TE, but that won't matter, right?

However, it will be nice to see that if the 2017 draft actually turns out poorly for the Browns, we can blame it on Chicago for taking the only QB that the Browns actually wanted which ultimately resulted in such a mucked-up draft for everyone else that picks 3-32 are now just "crapshoots" for most of the other teams in the league. It's like Chicago "Split 10's" at the blackjack table and everyone else is like "WTF just happened"?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
3 wins this year will be a "turn around", and because we did not pick acronym words words something words words sports ball words sports words mighty mighty men words words teams words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
3 wins this year will be a "turn around", and because we did not pick acronym words words something words words sports ball words sports words mighty mighty men words words teams words

Also blackjack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

3 wins this year will be a "turn around", and because we did not pick a QB in the first round, and instead got two defensive players and a TE, it may actually happen.

It's not like we actually have anyone that will be able to, you know, THROW THE BALL to the new TE, but that won't matter, right?

However, it will be nice to see that if the 2017 draft actually turns out poorly for the Browns, we can blame it on Chicago for taking the only QB that the Browns actually wanted which ultimately resulted in such a mucked-up draft for everyone else that picks 3-32 are now just "crapshoots" for most of the other teams in the league. It's like Chicago "Split 10's" at the blackjack table and everyone else is like "WTF just happened"?!?

If you can throw a football, Cleveland is asking about you.

I wonder how many calls Tony Romo has fielded from them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm amused at the idea that some people nuke their account in protest. They make the site worse for the people who liked their content, please the people who found them annoying, and set themselves up to eventually be forgotten altogether. And it paints them in a very petulant light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I'm amused at the idea that some people nuke their account in protest. They make the site worse for the people who liked their content, please the people who found them annoying, and set themselves up to eventually be forgotten altogether. And it paints them in a very petulant light.
Taking your ball and going home only works if nobody else brought a ball.

Pete (nods)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that it's board gaming and largely male dominated, we have plenty of balls to go around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict that the "Which users have left..." thread will be locked again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.