GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fantastiqa» Forums » General

Subject: Extra cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in need of some extra starting cards- notably I need several more dog cards! I'd rather not have to buy a whole extra game to get them- any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know exactly where you are coming from ... I bought the extra characters, and they all come with a full set of cards EXCEPT THE DOG! How frustrating. (I keep my characters in separate baggies, so it is easy to grab everything you need to play a particular character. Unless you want to play one of the new characters, then you have to hunt down some other baggie that has a dog card in it)

My suggestion depends on sleeves. I sleeve most of my games anyway, but most especially deck builders!

If you sleeve, you can place some ordinary poker size card in the sleeve, with a photocopy of a Dog card in front of it. Voila! (I guess this also assumes sleeves with opaque backs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd almost rather not sleeve these cards- they feel so... fantastic!

Come to think of it, I need starting Peaceful Dragons as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While they do not have the starting deck symbol, there are plenty of peaceful dragons you could use. I've never played a game where we even got close to running out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could do that, I suppose.

I've contacted the publisher about buying extra cards- I'll post as soon as I have a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.