GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,352 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Congratulations on Moving Up to #6! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe has had the honor of being the #6 game on BGG for the last few months, so I wanted to congratulate Isaac, Josh, and my fellow backers of the original Gloomhaven campaign (and the reprint campaign) on Gloomhaven's new position in the rankings.

From reading Isaac's blog and updates over the last few years, I know how much time and passion he put into Gloomhaven, and I'm glad to see that it's created so many moments of joy for people around the world. The new ranking is well deserved. Congrats!

• [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the new KS delivers, I'd like to store these next to each other on my shelves. However, I fear that much mass in a small space might be detrimental to the fabric of reality, let alone the shelf shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
When the new KS delivers, I'd like to store these next to each other on my shelves. However, I fear that much mass in a small space might be detrimental to the fabric of reality, let alone the shelf shake

We're already looking for a new apartment so that we can fit more bookshelves for the upcoming games. (Only partly a joke.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, thank you for the very kind words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jamey! I wish Gloomhaven could go up without knocking everything else down. I'm still bummed about 7 Wonders not being #7 anymore, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Thank you Jamey! I wish Gloomhaven could go up without knocking everything else down. I'm still bummed about 7 Wonders not being #7 anymore, too.

MAy be should delete one game from the top 6 (not Gloomhaven) so that 7 Wonders can still be #7 ^^

I would vote for:
Star Wars: Rebellion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What an amazing 12 months we've had. So many new games climbing into the top spots.

So cool to see engaged, positive developers like Isaac and Jamey on there. That's part of the reason they've been so successful. Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a stellar thing for Jamey to do! Good to see designers and publishers supporting one another. Maybe Isaac and Jamey should work together on a project....?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
When the new KS delivers,

Gloomhaven will climb on #1 till the end of the year. If it delivers as estimated in August, it could even happen at mid-fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
What a stellar thing for Jamey to do! Good to see designers and publishers supporting one another. Maybe Isaac and Jamey should work together on a project....?

Isaac actually spent a weekend playing an early version of Charterstone as a developer. The final version is very different than the version he played, and I think we have very different design styles, but you may see small touches of his influence in the final game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Beaudin
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a reminder that, if every board game developer was an egg, Jamey and Isaac are good eggs.

Jamey, can't wait for Charterstone.

Isaac, Gloomhaven currently envelopes my free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:

MAy be should delete one game from the top 6 (not Gloomhaven) so that 7 Wonders can still be #7 ^^

I would vote for:
Star Wars: Rebellion

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:

Maybe, we could turn the rankings into a coop game instead of competitive one?

Gratz on topping our game, both on BGG ranking and number of broken shelves . There's no end to the whining from the one of my shelves that's holding my copy of Gloomhaven .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One interesting observation- both Isaac and Jamey like to wear plaid shirts. Obvious conclusion to other game developers to create a top ten game: Harness the power of plaid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomast8991 wrote:
One interesting observation- both Isaac and Jamey like to wear plaid shirts. Obvious conclusion to other game developers to create a top ten game: Harness the power of plaid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archr wrote:
thomast8991 wrote:

I thought of that immediately after I posted. Even more evidence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to the Gloomhaven team and that's a real touch of class from Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
boardgamemeltdown wrote:

Isaac actually spent a weekend playing an early version of Charterstone as a developer. The final version is very different than the version he played, and I think we have very different design styles, but you may see small touches of his influence in the final game.

Yeah, because what I needed was to be even *more* excited about Charterstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.