GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,416 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Base + stretch goals = enough? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diego Montado
msg tools
Hi,

I have the unexpected opportunity to buy this game, kickstarter version.

I never played to the original so I want to know if the base game + stretch goals is enough variety to give this game longevity and replayability.

I glanced over the kickstarter page and I see that as stretch goals (if I understood correctly), there are like 10 new heroes per faction, plus some mercenaries, plus even some monsters, correct? Is that enough?

If I understand correctly, even if I bought for example Iron inquisition + the iron inquisition hero set 1, that faction would have less miniatures than a base one + its respective stretch goals, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Diegann wrote:
I never played to the original so I want to know if the base game + stretch goals is enough variety to give this game longevity and replayability.

The stretch goals give you a lot of extra characters to play with. Honestly, I would just get that because if you don't end up loving the game, you'll never get to the extra stuff you might buy.

Quote:
If I understand correctly, even if I bought for example Iron inquisition + the iron inquisition hero set 1, that faction would have less miniatures than a base one + its respective stretch goals, correct?

I think you miscounted. Base set + hero set is the total for every faction. The only variation is that you can usually get an 11th Hero if you get it through KS (an exclusive third captain).

If you look at the stretch goals, the Heroes at the top all have the KS Exclusive banner. They are mostly mercenaries, but the first two are the bonus captains for the base game factions. At the bottom of the stretch goals are a bunch of Heroes without the Exclusive banner; those are the Hero Sets for the base game factions.

So if you buy Iron Inquisition through the KS, you will get the exclusive captain. Or you can buy it later based on how well you like the game, but then you won't get that one Hero.

Overall, the best value is to get the base pledge with stretch goals and add-on the Season 1 conversion kit only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Montado
msg tools
Regarding the conversion kit, the first game is needed to use that, right? So in my case, I will buy only the basic pledge that comes with stretch. Even though other heroes packs and expansions look great, I dont want to spend that much money.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diegann wrote:
Regarding the conversion kit, the first game is needed to use that, right? So in my case, I will buy only the basic pledge that comes with stretch. Even though other heroes packs and expansions look great, I dont want to spend that much money.

Thanks!

Actually, with the conversion kit, you've got everything you need to play except the ship board, and hero/crew miniatures. So, you could theoretically proxy, but personally, I will be using it to determine what extra factions I want to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Montado
msg tools
DO I need the conversion kit if I only want to buy a hero expansions (15 bucks, 3 figures) from original game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Diegann wrote:
DO I need the conversion kit if I only want to buy a hero expansions (15 bucks, 3 figures) from original game?

Yes. All the v.2 character sheets and skill cards are in the conversion kits. If you go and buy those season 1 boxes, you'll be getting the miniatures and the v.1 character sheets.

The conversion kit gives you 76 characters! It's only missing miniatures, which you can proxy or buy separately as your finances permit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.