GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,086 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Bake Baker
msg tools
Just bought game and love it. Should I be buying the expansions or "cycles" in any specific order? does it matter? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
order doesn't really matter.

A lot of players are going to tell you that your first purchase should be a 2nd core set... That allows you to build up a good card pool, and give you more of the super good neutral cards featured in there. That's not the route I personally took, but it is good advice.

you can always look at https://thronesdb.com/ and see exactly which cards are in which expansion, and just choose to buy the expansions that feature the cards you feel like you want the most, or benefit most the faction that becomes your favorite.

I typically have bought them in chronological order. Though there is no real reason for that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with two cores first if one core makes you feel this is worth collecting. Then get deluxe expansions, and finally start collecting chapter packs in reverse chronological order (the logic being you'll hopefully get the counters to the most popular new cards along with them).

At some point consider the usefulness of a third core, or wait for that darn champion deck to be released for some more economy cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.