GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,702 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Fusive R
msg tools
mbmb
If you're playing an async game (eg. PBEM) how do you handle play of the brilliant stroke? Do you check with each eligible faction before allowing the first eligible faction to take an action?

I suppose it's just easier to remove all the brilliant stroke cards right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fusive

I play a good bit of PBEM and what we do is when we suspect we may want to use a Brilliant Stroke card, I ask the other players to check in with me on a new card. Seems to work fine. And it can be played to your advantage if you want to get into someones head - kind of remind them what you might do.... This works fine for us,

Option 2 would be to ask every new card - kind of cumbersome....

Another option would be to allow the Brilliant Stroke to unwind a move - a very different game.

Last option to remove - possible , but the TOA must be considered.

Maybe other PBEM players will have some ideas.

Good luck

HB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't remove the Brilliant Strokes. They are a very important part of the game.

In our games, the active player just asks the other eligible players before their action if they want to B-Stroke. Then if one does, ask for trump, etc.

Yes, it adds time, but that is the cost of playing asynchronous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I ask when it seems like it might be an advantageous time, and allow rewinds at others. It's not as good as face-to-face, but I'd rather play with them in than out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.