GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,178 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opfire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched video playthrus ..which of course,has been re mastered...
In those rules a modifier of -4 to opfire if target was in open and 1-4 hexes away....-2 modifier was assessed if targetvwas in the open at 4-8 hexes away...finally got the updated Texas Arrows with rules ver 2.1 ..I see that the -4 modifier is still in play..but find no mention of the -2 modifier...I just want to reassure myself that it has been taken out of the new rules so I can play the game the way the new rules are written.
Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new rules system it's a +4 modifier (added to the target number rather than subtracted from the die roll, so it's the same outcome) and at a range from 5-8 it is also still a +2 modifier if the target is moving in the open.

Note that those modifiers aren't in the rule book itself, but all in one place on the player aid card: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82186/player-aid-card-21
Specifically it's the 4th row under the "Situations" heading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko to the rescue once again!
I have the aid card...I just missed it....along with many other things,I suspect....Opfire in open ground remains as deadly as ever!not sure I'm grasping "added to the target number"meaning...nothing on the counters indicates a number...
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how to put this without repeating...

The target number is the number you need to roll to hit. So if your FP is 4 and your target it in open ground and under 5 distance, your roll to hit becomes 8 (instead of 4, assuming no modifiers) - i.e. in this situation you've doubled your chances of hurting someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
Not sure how to put this without repeating...

The target number is the number you need to roll to hit. So if your FP is 4 and your target it in open ground and under 5 distance, your roll to hit becomes 8 (instead of 4, assuming no modifiers) - i.e. in this situation you've doubled your chances of hurting someone.

And to make it even clearer (to avoid confusion): you need to roll less than or equal to the target number.

So the bigger your target number, the better your chance of success.

In the current rules (unlike 1st edition) all modifiers are consistently such that positive is good and negative is bad for your success, because the modifiers all modify your target number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks y'all...appreciate it...I was familiar with the mechanics..it was the nomenclature that threw me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.