GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Chad Carlson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Starting off, it notes there is a new option for a portcullis in Road to Legend. Bypass.

Initially, it says "Figures can remove and trace line of sight through this portcullis as normal. If a hero uses a skill or ability to move past this portcullis without opening it, select the 'Bypass' button. When exploration is available without opening the portcullis, this option is available."

Is there a list of skills or abilities for this? Is it just things like Tomble's heroic feat? I may have missed it in the rules somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Ber
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
Lots of skills and feats allow for some kind of "teleporting".
For instance, the knight's Oath of honor, or Astarra's hero ability...

This way, you can go through the portculis without opening them, still blocking the monsters (until the app somehow decides to open them by itself, which it does in some quests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Carlson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I noticed it will open some itself, in some situations. We have a different scout teleporter in the party, so we have that type of skill covered.

I wasn't sure if there were other options that people knew of, like a might test or something. It was a little vague in the description, so figured I would ask in case I missed a better explanation somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Ber
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
Yup, the "bypass" option is there in case of "teleport" and other skills, so you can tell the app when you get to the other side of the portculis, and it can trigger events (new monsters, tokens, etc). If you teleport without telling it, the app can't track the fact that you passed through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.