JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: [WIP] Pokemon Journey: The Deck-Building Card Game - PnP Design Contest - Contest Ready
Hi Ben, welcome to the contest! This looks like a real labour of love.

Unfortunately I can't enter you in the Deck and Dice category, because the sponsor of that category specified the game must use exactly a multiple of 54 cards, dice and nothing else. It seems your game uses a bunch of cards depending on which sets are included, but these are not in 54 card multiples, and you also use meeples. Please correct me if I got that wrong.

Best of luck!
JK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] Pokemon Journey: The Deck-Building Card Game - PnP Design Contest - Contest Ready
You are correct. Please forgive me for missing that prerequisite! I'll withdraw my submission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
BenjiF wrote:
You are correct. Please forgive me for missing that prerequisite! I'll withdraw my submission

Ben - Just to clarify, you don't need to withdraw from the contest (I'm not sure if that's what you were thinking) - just that one prize category. As far as I can tell your game is still eligible for the contest in other categories!

JK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm sorry, I miss understood. I will remove that category and remain in the contest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
PLAYTESTER SPOT PRIZES

This game is eligible for a playtester spot prize for the next week!

See this post for more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
milo del mal
Mexico
CDMX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Pokemon Journey: The Deck-Building Card Game (Kanto Expansion) - PnP Design Contest - Contest Ready
I really wanna play this, but they are SO MANY CARDS.

So many cards, what is the bare minimum I need to print in order to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] Pokemon Journey: The Deck-Building Card Game (Kanto Expansion) - PnP Design Contest - Contest Ready
milo_del_mal wrote:
I really wanna play this, but they are SO MANY CARDS.

So many cards, what is the bare minimum I need to print in order to play?

Hey there! I may need to edit my entry to specify this more clearly. The submission to this contest is for the Kanto Base game only. So you'll only need to print the Kanto document, as well as the Energy and Misstep document!

If you don't want to cut cards, you can always play online with Tabletop Simulator!

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Ben, for the purpose of playtesting, you might consider supplying a low ink version in black and white with no artwork. Many potential playtesters will ball at the cost of printing so many ink-hungry pages.

Also, it would help if you labelled the Kanto set as the "base game". By calling it an expansion you suggest that something else is required first.

Regards,
JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
JohnKean wrote:
Ben, for the purpose of playtesting, you might consider supplying a low ink version in black and white with no artwork. Many potential playtesters will ball at the cost of printing so many ink-hungry pages.

Also, it would help if you labelled the Kanto set as the "base game". By calling it an expansion you suggest that something else is required first.

Regards,
JK

I will work on improving these issue! Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
BenjiF wrote:
JohnKean wrote:

Also, it would help if you labeled the Kanto set as the "base game". By calling it an expansion you suggest that something else is required first.

Regards,
JK

I will work on improving these issue! Thanks for the feedback!

Again, thanks for the feedback. I have made all the changes you suggested! Let me know if you find something else that could be improved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I adore the art? did you make it on your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
All artwork is placeholder, however, I have listed each artist on each card for reference and transparency.
I did, however, design and create all other graphic design. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.