GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: House Rule: Destroy a Location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Eisenstein
United States
Lilburn
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing around with some ideas to change up a play a bit.

Allow player to Destroy an opponent's Location.

For a turn, a player may choose to go to their opponent's Location and destroy it by playing DOUBLE the original cost. This is the ONLY thing the player can do this turn and all cards must be discarded (any extra effects/discard effects are ignored).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leisenstein wrote:
This is the ONLY thing the player can do this turn and all cards must be discarded (any extra effects/discard effects are ignored).

I'm confused on this.
All cards you play (or don't play for that matter) are normally discarded.
Not sure what "extra effects" means either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means you can do it by showing that you have 10 Power with of cards in your hand, but you don't get to actually spend any of that Power or do anything else the cards would do, like draw extra cards, gain cards, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Destroy it, NO. discard it, yes.

"Pick a foe's location.You may discard cards from your hand until you've discarded power greater than that card's cost. The foe then discards his location card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
Destroy it, NO. discard it, yes.

I had that thought too
Then decided that if I'm paying DOUBLE what they paid for it, AND it's the ONLY thing I can do that turn, then it sure as heck better be Destroyed.

Make it pay same cost (maybe cost+1), and let me do other things on my turn, then sure, Discard is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.