GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Official Vote Thread: Road Event 8 - The Sanctum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Poll
What will you do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Attack the Prophet.
57.6% 682
Negotiate with the Prophet.
42.4% 503
Voters 1185
This poll is now closed.   1185 answers
Poll created by Cephalofair
Closes: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bennett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power outage? Sounds like you had a great Birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's stick to the plan, else others will follow our path into the arena. I say attack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't know this Prophet, we do know Barty.

1) This Prophet is definitely not a normal Orchid, given the lore we know for them. Do we want to put things back to status quo?

2) Barty hasn't really done anything to harm us directly unless we attacked him first...

3) Revenge isn't always a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have these Orchids live their lives as they wish and go after Barty. Selling us as slaves? He should pay with his life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Leach
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd rather lose Barty and get the Prophet. I'm not that invested in Barty, he's a d*ck but it's just not worth my time. Being part of a revolution to restore an entire society to much better ideals? Yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.

ATTACK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clément Polge
France
flag msg tools
Barty sold us as slave and poisoned our fri... our comra... our tagalong. Ok, this does not sound as dramatic as i intended, but this guy is SUCH A DICK, UGH.

I say let's go for Barty, who cares about this "prophet" anyway ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say negotiate, it could open up some opportunties for some skullduggery later on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff b
msg tools
Not once has Barty ever done anything to us that we didn't deserve.

The prophet and her guards on the other hand... "They​ can take more"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... on the one hand, I do hate Barty. On the other hand, our new "friends" are also terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TRUST NO ONE.

Kill the Orchid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Kar
msg tools
Do we work for a bunch of guys who live in a basement, or do we work for ourselves?

We don't really have a reason to care about this Orchid, and helping her could give us a powerful ally. Barty, on the other hand...Barty has this coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Dolan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick with the more reliable ally... The prophet just sees us as arena entertainment. I'm on the side of those resisting the prophet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gato Muerto

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barty didn't do anything drastic to us. He put us to sleep and then sold us, but didn't go out of his way to hurt us, considering we -were- the ones (okay, hanger-ons) who attacked him first. In fact, we could be thankful we didn't have our throats slit while asleep.

Not that I would be adverse to a little payback if we come across him in the future, but honestly, look at what revenge did to the Quatryl. Our original intention was to find adventure not revenge, right?

I am more in favor of getting rid of this Prophet if she has been encouraging slave trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Mertlich
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm tired of others controlling our fate. Let's attack the prophet and gain back some autonomy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope a close vote will mean we get to kill the Orchid *and* kill Barty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I see that as of this moment the vote is very close. This to me means that Issac is placing good, non-obvious choices on us. Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luridus
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If you think about this whole thing from Barty's point of view, I don't think he did anything that he didn't have to to ensure his own survival, which is what we have been trying to do this whole time too. I don't think Barty would have harmed us had we not repeatedly, and foolishly, sided with Dreyl. Did we really expect him to sit and be nice after we allowed Dreyl to try and kill him over and over? Especially in the middle of a storm...while he was trying to navigate the ship and save all of our lives while a battle with elementals was raging behind him, while Dreyl was still trying to get to him and kill him? That's just silly, to put it mildly.

Also, if you are angry about being sold into slavery, why not kill the "masters?" If there is no one to buy the slaves, there will be no slavers to sell them into slavery in the first place. The Prophet has put us into harms way more than Barty, even though he had more cause to. We should just kill the Prophet, who is to say that "negotiating" with her will lead us anywhere but back into chains anyway? She doesn't exactly strike me as the trustworthy type. I think to be blinded by misguided rage at Barty and trusting the Prophet to lead us to him would be a "poor" decision, as Isaac has put it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"You have me at a disadvantage" proceeds to offer us something we may desire to spare him. Kill them Kill everyone. Go John fucking wick on everyone I'm sick of this I haven't slept I've been poked and prodded and fighting things since I left I'm done I'm out everyone dies Headshots everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really care one way or another about orchid politics.

Barty crossed us. That cannot stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Peters
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kill the prophet. Then kill Barty. Then kill everyone else. Take all the loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Haun
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to be at a little disadvantage right now as we don't really know anything about this Orchid. Maybe we can get some information on Barty and look for an opportunity to take the Orchid out. After all, she thought it would be fun to throw us in the arena to fight to the death. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Davis
msg tools
If we let Barty get away, maybe we chase him down in November when the bonus scenarios come out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slavers are despicable. We should kill the prophet and put an end to her reign of terror.

Barty is one guy who is kind of a dick. This prophet is institutionalized evil. The choice seems obvious to me - we get rid of the slave master and we help tons of people. We kill Barty, maybe we help ourselves. And given the way this has all gone so far, we probably don't.

Let's kill the bad guy in front of us and worry about petty revenge later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No more wishy washy! That's how we got Dreyl killed. Stick to the plan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.