GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,141 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Jason Brown
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
City of Edinburgh
flag msg tools
I'm a 47 years old, and in no way a big kid whistle. I am looking to (preferably) join a group of well behaved boardgamers for a regular weekly game during weekday evenings.

Have a look at my list of games to see what kind of games I own and enjoy.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
If you subscribe to this you will note the groups currently ongoing.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1769685/groupless-gamin...

Like you Fri/Sat/Sun are not so good and Thursdays difficult for other reasons. So I would be up for joining anything you form meeting on a Tues or Wed. I could host but I'm out in Colinton which affected popularity of a group I used to host in Greenbank before I moved.

PM me if you fancy a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin darra
Wales
LINCOLN
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason, have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason

To supplement Nick's advice start here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/993

This has a comprehensive list of resources. I strongly recommend you join the Meetup group, this is the main way of coordinating flexible board gaming events at the moment.

http://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Gamers/

Hi Colin, good to hear from you. Are you still in the New Town? Have you considered popping along on Monday evening to our regular strategy game night in Six Degrees North? See Meetup for the event. It's just about 2 blocks from your flat.

On the Monday there are lots of 'mature' (!) gamers (same age as you and me) and although the beer is excellent we have several people who just drink coffee or soft drinks.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The larger Saturday gaming event also covers a wide range of ages (13th May - see
https://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Gamers/events/239483904/). Certainly a number of our members would be of similar age to yourself, though i would honestly say this is a hobby that bridges the age gap very well. It should be a good place to meet people with similar interests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin darra
Wales
LINCOLN
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batz wrote:
Hi Jason

Hi Colin, good to hear from you. Are you still in the New Town? Have you considered popping along on Monday evening to our regular strategy game night in Six Degrees North? See Meetup for the event. It's just about 2 blocks from your flat.

On the Monday there are lots of 'mature' (!) gamers (same age as you and me) and although the beer is excellent we have several people who just drink coffee or soft drinks.

Ian

Hi Ian, no, I now live out in Slateford Area, Company stopped paying for the India Street flat, as it was only for me.

My little group still meets on a Monday, so that conflicts, but I have thought of going to Game Hub on Tue or Wed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coldark wrote:
Hi Ian, no, I now live out in Slateford Area, Company stopped paying for the India Street flat, as it was only for me.

That's a shame - it was a nice flat and location!

Pity about the day clash, Thu in the hub is quite a nice evening often with more 'chunky' games getting played. I don't often make it though due to other commitments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
City of Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Thanks Colin, sent you a reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
City of Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Ian & Nic thanks for the info its much appreciated.

I know about the meetups but was really looking for a more stable group so I could play the larger games and wouldn't have to teach new players the game each time. That said I should come along to a few for the smaller games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday's would definitely fit the bill for that Jason, we have a crowd that do enjoy repeat plays of the same games. Plus we have a few people who are happy to bring games and teach so you don't need to have the hassle every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.