GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Twilight of the Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Negotation Faction Preview: The Combo! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools

Greetings folks, I have something a little different planned for today's card spoiler. I will be showing you three new cards: Mob Justice, Hades Gift, and Disentomb.

Mob Justice is the kill Scheme Negotiation Deities have been looking for. It has a cost of two Lesser and two Greater Aspects and is able to kill any non-Epic creature on the field with a bonus on Manifesting one Greater or two Lesser Aspects. This card is extremely powerful with the amount of utility it provides and is a workhorse for Deities who decided to use it's power.

Hades Gift allows you to Manifest a Greater Aspect as well as providing two Restore. Disentomb is like Hades Gift's little brother, it Restores two and Manifests a Lesser Aspect. I like these cards because they give you a decent amount of healing while also giving you a chance to Manifest powerful Heresy effects you have planted on your opponent's side.

Now why I bundled in these cards together is because I want to show you an example of a game swinging turn with Negotiation if you set up the cards right. For this example we have Hades Gift, Mob Justice and Disentomb set up on your opponent's side as Aspects. You have a Mob Justice in hand and your opponent has two creatures on their side, one Greater and another Exalted. During your opponent's End Step, you cast Mob Justice targeting the Exalted creature. You Slay it then Manifest Hades Gift. You target your face down Mob Justice and Slay the Greater creature. Finally you Manifest the Disentomb for a little bit of healing.

In a single phase, on your opponent's turn you managed to:
*Slay two powerful creatures on your opponent's side.
*Restore four to your side.
*Gain control of the battlefield since your turn is coming up next.

You managed to pull this off with good trades with your opponent and s put a massive dent into your opponent's side. This is what defines Negotiation. A careful setup of cards to pull off a powerful swing in the game. A faction set up to give poison apples to their opponents. This faction requires a tactical mind that can recall the Aspects you have traded. If you can master the art of positioning with Negotiation, you will find control never leaving your side as you outmaneuver your foes at every turn.

With this, I end the Negotiation previews. Check out next week to see what we release next for Twilight of the Gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.