GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,401 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

EXCEED: Red Horizon – Reese & Heidi vs. Vincent & Nehtali» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ex Ultras rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, dumb question, but it came up in a game with a newer player.

When you play an EX version of an ultra, you still pay gauge as though it were just one card, right?

Example:
Miska's Scorched Earth costs 3 gauge.
Miska's EX Scorched Earth still costs 3 gauge, right? Not 3 per card for a total of 6?

I realize it is generally a bad idea to EX that particular super, but hey, I had 11 life left and they wanted to end it with a bang.

They had 6 gauge available, and put all 6 in the discard, and I commented that they should only need 3, because it's still just one EX attack. I reasoned that even if it's two cards, losing the other ultra to the discard would be more than enough of a trade-off for the increased power, speed, and armor, the potential loss of using it for two force, or using it again the next turn for an additional 10 damage.

It didn't affect the outcome of the game (I still get blow'd up whether it's 3 or 6), but it was interesting that we each interpreted ex rules differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you EX an Ultra, you pay the normal Gauge cost of the card. You don't pay it twice. In your example, Scorched Earth would cost 3 Gauge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.