Subject: Slowing the Fellowship: Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lawson
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
Probably I'm just dense, but I don't understand the rules for Slowing the Fellowship. Who can play an Action Card to force the Fellowship to roll: just the player whose turn is in progress? Does the Action Card count for Victory Points even if the Fellowship succeeds in moving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d peruzzini
United States
cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
Re:Slowing the Fellowship: Question
ChargerML (#27485),we have been playing that anybody can play the card on anybodies turn and yes you get the points on the card simply for playing it regardless of the outcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lawson
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
zzini (#27499),

I see... What if more than one person wants to play a card? Would you start with the person whose turn is in progress and go clockwise? Or does everyone get to play the card regardless of outcomes? Still curious, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henderson
United Kingdom
Newport
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ChargerML (#27892),
Ah, good question - and one which in fact came up for the first time in one of our games the other night. It may be that more than one player wishes to slow the fellowship - maybe they wish to force more turns into the game for military purposes, or simply in order to gain the points for the card. The way we've interpreted this is to go clockwise, beginning with the player to the left of the one whose current turn it is. (so the player whose turn it is always has last opportunity) If this first player tries and fails, then the next player may try if he wishes and so on. If the first player succeeds, then others must wait until the next turn. All cards played count their points value however, whether they succeed or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChargerML (#27892),
In the *original* edition (not the Trilogy), the way we interpretted it was that the first person to play the card got to hinder their progress. It really doesn't matter, though, since the player who doesn't play the card the first time around will get to play the card the second time around, so either way the net result is that the Fellowship is delayed at least 2 turns.

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.