♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Is "Hooked on Polkas" (disc 2, track 7) cut off at the beginning? That is, does it have a musical introduction, or does it start right off with the lyrics for "State of Shock"?

If you have a digital copy, I'd be interested in your answer, but I'm most interested in folks who have a physical copy.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be some weird rights issue there. I just checked Apple music and that is the only track missing from the whole thing (at least that I found).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
cold_fuzion wrote:
There must be some weird rights issue there. I just checked Apple music and that is the only track missing from the whole thing (at least that I found).
The polka medleys always involved getting the OK of a lot of different publishing entities. The part that is chopped off of the digital version from the boxed set is just an accordion intro. The digital version of the same song from the Dare To Be Stupid album is complete with the accordion intro. Can't speak to the physical boxed set CD, as I haven't owned that in many years (but did at one time.)

And as an aside: Didn't every borderline nerdy/geeky boy in America in the 80's/90's own a fair amount of Weird Al tapes/CDs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
The polka medleys always involved getting the OK of a lot of different publishing entities. The part that is chopped off of the digital version from the boxed set is just an accordion intro. The digital version of the same song from the Dare To Be Stupid album is complete with the accordion intro. Can't speak to the physical boxed set CD, as I haven't owned that in many years (but did at one time.)

And as an aside: Didn't every borderline nerdy/geeky boy in America in the 80's/90's own a fair amount of Weird Al tapes/CDs?

I know I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
fightcitymayor wrote:

The weird thing is, the part that's cut is his version of "Twelfth Street Rag", originally written in 1914. Of all the tracks to run into publishing issues, this is the last one I would've expected.

Quote:

"Didn't"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.