19 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Dungeon Saga Drow Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
Starting to create a Dungeon Saga Drow / Dark Elf campaign.

All pictures updates will be posted here.

Our gaming group just finished a campaign against a modified version of The Warlord of Galahir.

We used/will continue to use a modified version of the campaign rules from Dungeon Saga The Adventurer's Companion.

I will post soon with what the general rules/modifications we are using and some pictures of the dark elf/drow so far.

ninjaninjaninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
I just purchased the last remaining dark elves needed for the campaign from reaper today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
So far I have:

Regulars

Dark Elf regulars - swords
Dark Elf repeater crossbowmen
Dark Elf temple guard
Dark Elf witch elves (females with frenzy stat)

Leaders/Heroes

Dark Elf Assassin
Dark Elf general on cold one
Dark Elf Sorceress (Drider variant)

Support/Monsters

Purple Worm
Giant Spiders
Regular Spiders
Spider warms
Cold Ones

I may add gelatinous cubes to the campaign also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb

Giant spider, purple worm and spider swarms so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched everywhere for the purple worm and can't find one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
It is the great worm from Reaper Miniatures Bone collection:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/page21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
Reaper miniatures are arriving today:

Female Drider (dark elf/ spider mix) - to be used as boss monster

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77180

Dark Elf Assassin - reaper model 03647

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03647

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
All that is left to buy/make is the Gelatinous Cubes.

I saw on youtube an inexpensive and ingenious way to make them.

I will post the progress here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
The cube above will be made out of silicone clear caulk. I found a neat youtube video that I will follow to make the cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
I recently purchased and will add 2 of the following for good measure:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77181

I also found these and will use them for a more "underdark" feel on the tiles for this campaign:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77398
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
I think I am done with collecting the bad guys for this campaign. Now to think about stats/abilities.

For these

Regulars

Use same stats as a normal elf. I like nimble and will keep that ability for all dark elf regulars and man sized leaders/heroes

I am adding the following:

Dark Elf regulars - swords - no additional abilities (except nimble as an elf).
Dark Elf repeater crossbowmen - ability - repeater crossbowman - can shoot twice (no move) with one less die each shot or add one die for one shot (if no move).
Dark Elf temple guard - extended reach - front arc (not rear) extends out one more square (to the front and sides). Thus when attacked from the front or sides they get a "free strike" before the adventures reach close combat. The model will have a spear as its primary weapon.
Dark Elf witch elves (females with frenzy stat)- frenzy (1) and minus one to their Armor rating.

Leaders/Heroes

Dark Elf Assassin - poison weapon, nimble, stealth - poison weapon has a persistent wound. If you take a wound from it you have to roll 4 or less at the end of each subsequent turn or suffer another wound. One point of healing (from a spell or potion etc) will eliminate this condition even if another wound has resulted from the original wound.
Dark Elf general on cold one - rider and mount each have an attack, stealth, wounds count against entire model.
Drow male driders - nimble, poison multiple wounds (3)
Dark Elf Sorceress (Drider variant) - spell caster, poison, huge, 7 wounds, regeneration.

Support/Monsters

Purple Worm - not sure yet, I am thinking about having it bore up from below in a narrow corridor blocking the adventurer's path.
Giant Spiders - same stats as trolls - add poison (no regeneration)
Regular Spiders - see book
Spider swarms - same as orklings
Cold Ones - same stats as cat listed with the elves
Gelatinous cube - immune to all ranged attacks (except magical attacks), get over here ability - if you are wounded you become entrapped in it's clutches and cannot attack/move/cast spells etc. You have to roll a break away and escape or another adventurer has to use its action to help you escape (you and your rescuer remain in base to base with the cube. If wounded you have a random magic item become lost/dissolved in the cube.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tim,

I really think you should think this out a bit more. I think you skipping over a lot of details..... Now get back to work!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
Oh really? The cube will be heading right for your character now of course.

Just kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
luckyonelol wrote:
I think I am done with collecting the bad guys for this campaign. Now to think about stats/abilities.

For these

Regulars

Use same stats as a normal elf. I like nimble and will keep that ability for all dark elf regulars and man sized leaders/heroes

I am adding the following:

Dark Elf regulars - swords - no additional abilities (except nimble as an elf).
Dark Elf repeater crossbowmen - ability - repeater crossbowman - can shoot twice (no move) with one less die each shot or add one die for one shot (if no move).
Dark Elf temple guard - extended reach - front arc (not rear) extends out one more square (to the front and sides). Thus when attacked from the front or sides they get a "free strike" before the adventures reach close combat. The model will have a spear as its primary weapon.
Dark Elf witch elves (females with frenzy stat)- frenzy (1) and minus one to their Armor rating.

Leaders/Heroes

Dark Elf Assassin - poison weapon, nimble, stealth - poison weapon has a persistent wound. If you take a wound from it you have to roll 4 or less at the end of each subsequent turn or suffer another wound. One point of healing (from a spell or potion etc) will eliminate this condition even if another wound has resulted from the original wound.
Dark Elf general on cold one - rider and mount each have an attack, stealth, wounds count against entire model.
Drow male driders - nimble, poison multiple wounds (3)
Dark Elf Sorceress (Drider variant) - spell caster, poison, huge, 7 wounds, regeneration.

Support/Monsters

Purple Worm - not sure yet, I am thinking about having it bore up from below in a narrow corridor blocking the adventurer's path.
Giant Spiders - same stats as trolls - add poison (no regeneration)
Regular Spiders - see book
Spider warms - same as orklings
Cold Ones - same stats as cat listed with the elves
Gelatinous cube - immune to all ranged attacks (except magical attacks), get over here ability - if you are wounded you become entrapped in it's clutches and cannot attack/move/cast spells etc. You have to roll a break away and escape or another adventurer has to use its action to help you escape (you and your rescuer remain in base to base with the cube. If wounded you have a random magic item become lost/dissolved in the cube.

Any suggestions?

OK after looking into a couple of things -

The Purple worm as described online states they eat their prey whole and they are used sometimes to protect an entrance to a room. They also can grow to be very large. I will use the one I have and state is a younger purple worm and have it pop up as a trap when the party enters a larger room (doorway in the room will lead to a treasure room). The special rule I will add is if you receive a wound from the purple worm roll on a table. The worst result will be swallowed whole and it will go from there on the table. Other results will be taking two wounds or being flung D6 spaces away in a random direction from the worm and others I have not figured out yet. Once swallowed whole you will take a wound at the end of each subsequent round until the worm is killed or a break away roll is achieved at some negative modifier (probably -2 dice).

The cat as described above is a sabre tooth cat.

I think all the poison listed above will be the persistent kind also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about adding traps to the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
Yes and yes. Especially for the drow aspect of the campaign.

For the last campaign we did we used a search deck for when the party searched in a room that qualified. They could spring a trap that way. I also added a trap room option when/if they pulled the secret door card from the search deck. In addition I also added set/static trap rooms in the campaign at times.

The Dungeon Saga companion expansion had some trap tiles and I utilized them for these purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
I am thinking that I will utilize the same search/trap combinations above.

I will add "static" traps that are not random like above search deck traps and use these to further the campaign I am creating.

So far the definite traps I want to add are the gelatinous cube trap room (narrow corridor) and the purple worm trap room.

The party will have some background information before they create the characters they will use for the campaign so if they are smart a thief should be included with the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
ninjaninjaninja

Finally circling back to this.

I got a ton of new figures for the campaign.

We are finishing the latest DS campaign and this Friday is probably the last day of the campaign.

I will post what I have so far in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.