Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My GF and I don't have any Star Trek fans as friends, so we would never be able to play it the way it is intended. Is it worth it for 2 players? I've glanced at the variant section, and seen a couple, but there wasn't a whole lot of feedback on them. I don't want to drop a lot of money on this game if it ends up not being a good 2 player experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not buy it for 2 players. Diplomacy and player interaction is just too important in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Supposedly the Borg expansion allows for a better two player game by playing a third player AI, but you lose the diplomacy part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured as much. Oh well. I'll check it out again when the Borg expansion shows up. In the meantime, I'll try and assimilate a friend so we can really play it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of your friends can understand and play the game even without being a Trek Fan. The basics are pretty easy to follow even without following the lore. Sure fans will get more out of the game, but anyone an enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet Captains plays with two, if you are looking for a ST experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I love the game, but I can never get it on the table because it doesn't work with two. You need to have a third player so that you can make alliances when someone jumps in the lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it barely works with 3, let alone 2. This type of game should have at least 4 and will probably be even better with 5 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well first of all there is no 2 player variant. At least not until the borg expansion is out and given GF9's track record with this product line that could be in the year 2245.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2p only? No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hirsch
msg tools
mb
Why won't your friends play this just because the theme is Star Trek? Its a great game regardless. You do not need to be familiar with the series to be able to do well or enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our friends just aren't interested in Star Trek themed games unfortunately. We already have Five Year Mission, Fleet Captains with both expansions, Frontiers, and all three of the Bandai Deck Builders. So far nobody has played them with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said: It doesn't work well. That said, if you're that into trek games it might be worth giving a try anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Borg expansion allows 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cyr
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
Borg expansion allows 2 players.

Where did you see this? I don't believe there has been any official word that this is the case (though I could be wrong). I know people have speculated this in the forums, but that doesn't make it true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.