England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT:

Apparently, the tab 'Rating' sorts from high to low. The default is the 'Date' tab.

So now my suggestion becomes:
Change the tabs to make the sorting function MUCH more obvious, such as changing them to
Sort By Date
Sort By Rating (High to Low)
and make them look like something clickable.

Add a tab Sort By Rating (Low to High)

Make High To Low the default again.

++++

The old Ratings and Comments pages automatically sorted from high to low ratings. So I could look at the first few pages and see all the positives, then jump to the last pages and see all the negative views.

The new pages let you see a mix (???why???) or all the 10s only, then the 9s only and so on.

Please add a way to sort the Ratings and Comments stats from Low to High, or High to Low. You could use tickboxes to let me tick the Ratings/Comments I want to see, for example ticking 1 2 and 3 lets me see all tose Comments and no others. You could have a choice in the selction of say 123, 456, 78910, letting me look at a block at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click on Ratings in the upper right of the Ratings tab, it seems to sort high to low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This was much-complained about when the new ratings page first rolled out, so I'm doubtful they'll change it now.

Next best thing to do (which I pointed out at the time) is to click Rating | Rated (I wish they would remember that setting), wait for page to refresh, scroll to bottom of page, click "last page" icon, wait for page to refresh, then scroll backwards from last page, scrolling bottom-to-top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
The new pages let you see a mix (???why???) or all the 10s only, then the 9s only and so on.

I agree, these are the only options I find after clicking on (afaik) all the possibilities.

indigopotter wrote:
If you click on Ratings in the upper right of the Ratings tab, it seems to sort high to low.

Clicking on the word Rated or the individual Rating numbers, all sorts were by Date only, none by Rating. I saw only what the OP described

Dave wrote:
Next best thing to do (which I pointed out at the time) is to click Rating | Rated (I wish they would remember that setting), wait for page to refresh, scroll to bottom of page, click "last page" icon, wait for page to refresh, then scroll backwards from last page, scrolling bottom-to-top.

Trying 3 variations of this led me to nothing related to the OP's request, just Date sorting and Date sorting reversed.

OP may be missing something; if so, I'm missing it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

It doesn't sort. It just offers a drop down menu from 10 to 1. You can only select one of these at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

It doesn't sort. It just offers a drop down menu from 10 to 1. You can only select one of these at a time.

Try clicking Rating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
jamiea wrote:

Dave wrote:

Trying 3 variations of this led me to nothing related to the OP's request, just Date sorting and Date sorting reversed.

That's *after* you click on Rating (as mentioned below), which is a setting which *is* remembered between sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
You were both right about that missing item, and I've spent way too much time running filter tests and putting together snapshots and a long post that BGG ack'd up when I hit the preview button.

I'm not going to redo, I'll just say I'm still not seeing expected results. Which is in a way hilarious to me since I wasn't looking for this feature, I was just perusing the OP's request while surfing the forums.

The altered setting you can't see in the below graphics would be the RATING dropdown, which is
- set to number 1 (1 result)
- set to ANY (470 results)
- set to RATED (342 results)

and the lowest rating I can get in the display, while sorted by Rating, is a 7. (Yes, the STATUS is set to ANY.)

SUMMARY - I am not able to view all the comments sorted by Rating and will test any further suggestions. Thank you.

SET TO NUMBER 1

SET TO ANY

SET TO RATED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
SUMMARY - I am not able to view all the comments sorted by Rating and will test any further suggestions. Thank you.

For some reason, it doesn't work correctly with your setting of 100 items per page.

My default setting is 50 items per page (can be changed at the bottom of the page). With this setting, i get to see all the ratings with comments, down to 1.

The number of pages is correct in your image (page 4, Showing 301‐342 of 342). Some further tests.

When the display is set to 100 items per page, only 50 are displayed. But the Browse menu assumes there are 100 per page, so you don't get controls to reach the lower half of the entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Try clicking Rating

Thank you. This does sort from high to low. And then clicking back on Date to its left sorts by date.

I had no idea. Very non-obvious. I shall edit my top comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Werbaer wrote:
jamiea wrote:

When the display is set to 100 items per page, only 50 are displayed. But the Browse menu assumes there are 100 per page, so you don't get controls to reach the lower half of the entries.

Thank you so much for teasing this bug out of the confusion here, much appreciated! I sent in a Feedback referencing your comment and this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.