Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Alien Covenant and possible expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
With the upcoming new alien movie, do you guys think a new expansion will be in the works for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enral wrote:
With the upcoming new alien movie, do you guys think a new expansion will be in the works for it?

Would be awesome if there was, along with scenarios and character decks to cover 'Prometheus'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All life is of cosmic origin.
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
maklen9 wrote:
enral wrote:

Would be awesome if there was, along with scenarios and character decks to cover 'Prometheus'.

YES! Was thinking exactly that. We need a Prometheus expansion. First thing I thought when I opened the box. Would buy that in a second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weaver
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
**** YEAH! There should be an expansion that gives Prometheus and Alien Convenant Expansions!!!*&^%$

THAT WOULD FRIGGIN RULLLEEEEE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dare to suspect there won't be any expansions based on the newer Alien movies. They made an expansion with two new scenarios created exclusively for the Encounters game line. If they wanted to make an expansion based on, say Prometheus, which is 5 years old, they would have done it. If we see more expansions I think they will have more original stuff created exclusively for the game.
Of course there is still some possibility...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would love to see that expansion.

but i would wait until all the new arc is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I don´t see what a expansion should do ? Okay, more characters based
on the movie. But you don´t need more cards of the same. I mean they give
you recruit points, attack points or let you scan etc....
That would be more characters but only with more of the same. I can´t see
much more things to do based on the game mechanic.

Besides, for my taste...Alien:Covenant was a little dissapointend for me.
The first and second movie is unbeatable. At least in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think an expansion for the prequels would have location card, hive decks, events and hazards that relate to the storyline with some new mechanic embedded in them. The characters, as you said, would be more of the same just different names and artwork. Not too much work for a small expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion characters in other Marvel Legendary certainly don't just do more of the same. There are new rules keywords even with small expansions, new mechanics for individual cards. Character cards aren't just numbers.

I also think less of the prequels than the original two Alien movies, but once the storyline is wrapped up it could make for a nice big box expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, I'd even like to see this game expanded with new material that doesn't even appear in the movies or books! It'd be pretty easy to come up with new aliens, ships, characters, scenarios, etc., that fit thematically in this universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Heck, I'd even like to see this game expanded with new material that doesn't even appear in the movies or books! It'd be pretty easy to come up with new aliens, ships, characters, scenarios, etc., that fit thematically in this universe.

Already happened. The Alien expansion has two original stories featuring new locations and Aliens created by the designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice.

What are the chances of an "Aliens: Colonial Marines" expansion since that's popular with the fans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:

What are the chances of an "Aliens: Colonial Marines" expansion since that's popular with the fans?

Guess what, I was toying with the idea, even making a scenario based on Alien Isolation. But I'm preoccupied with other stuff. Another thing is that games are longer than movies and their stories consist of a number of smaller missions and it would be maybe difficult to choose the 3 most interesting objectives. And yet another thing is, such a videogame game-based scenario would deserve a crew deck of its own, but I'm too intimidated by such task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Tannahill
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Alien Resurrection was a pretty disappointing movie but it makes some of the best / most interesting parts of the Legendary game. I'd buy Prometheus/Covenant expansions regardless of my feelings about the movies. The quality of the existing expansion is pretty high and I'd trust them with further expansions. (Which is odd because I haven't really liked any of the other Legendary games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a fan-made Prometheus scenario in the FILES section.
It has all new objectives, mini-hives, avatar & role, new hatchery and five character barracks. Check it out.

I too would buy an official Prometheus/covenant expansion. They could throw in the games - Alien: Isolation and Colonial Marines - and be the definitive Alien gaming experience.

One can dream...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we, the fans, could join our skills and forces and make a fan expansion of our own. With some original or public domain art if possible... You know, if geeks can join to make mods for computer games, why tabletop gamers can't do the same? One or two game mechanics designers, one or two artists, one or two writers of story and flavor text...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Jam
msg tools
mbmbmb
Over the weekend, I took a stab at creating a Covenant scenario (I'm rather obsessed with the Alien universe and the Legendary Encounters games). Unfortunately I don't have much time to spend on creating something like this much less creating cards, play-testing and fine-tuning but I thought I'd post my concept here anyway in the hopes that they may spark a few ideas and get the ball rolling in the community!

Alien: Covenant Custom Scenario

Location - not really sure what to call this (Engineer Homeworld??):
Hazard 1: Reveal hand, if no leadership (or survival) cards, obtain a chestburster (spores) [supposed to capture the idea of bad leadership when it comes to crew safety when exploring the planet]
Hazard 2: Whose side is he on? - player with David character draws 2 strikes - if no player has David, each player draws 1 strike (refer below to David character card)
Hazard 3: You are captured by David - works similarly to being captured in the Aliens scenario - any player can pay 6 recruit to free you - if still captured by your next turn, gain a chestburster

Objectives:
1 - Survey the planet
Event: Split up - players cannot coordinate during this turn or the next turn

2 - Communicate with ship
Event: Storm - if comm device is in operations, you can't attempt to communicate with ship this round. If comm device isn't in operations, add a face-down hive card to the complex

3 - Defeat alien and escape
Event: Attach to the closest alien enemy without an event card already attached (first apply to right-most alien in the combat zone, then to the left-most alien in the complex - if there are no aliens in the complex or combat zone without events attached, attach this to the next alien revealed) - you can only fight this alien if someone has coordinated with you this round

Decks:
1:
1 x Hazard
2 x Events
2 x Neomorph Bloodbursters - runner att 3
1 x Special: Infection - get back to the lander - move this card to operations - if you've played a leadership card in your turn, you may spend 3 recruit to get your team back to the lander and complete the objective
2 x special: Survey Info - move to operations - if you are still on objective 1, you are delayed while performing survey - it costs 1 more recruit to complete objective, if objective 1 is complete, discard this card
1 x Faris - reveal: draw a strike, att 4

2:
1 x Hazard
2 x Events
1 x David - if found in complex - choose a player to gain him - cost nil, recruit 2, intel trigger: scan any space; if found in combat zone - kill this card - all enemies have +2 att this turn
3 x Adult Neomorph (the one David charms) reveal: add a face-down hive card to the complex 4 att (the first time you would kill this, wound it instead)
1 x Special: Comms Device - move this card to operations - pay 5 recruit to communicate with ship and complete objective
2 x Facehuggers
1 x Special: Lute - move this card to operations - once per turn, you may pay 4 recruit to avoid a strike from an alien enemy

3:
1 x Hazard
2 x Events
3 x David's Xenomorph - double strike att 6
1 x Special: Cargo Lander Arrives - move this card to operations - you may pay 3 recruit to move your avatar to operations - once all avatars are dead or on lander and you've killed the final enemy, you complete the objective
1 x Special: Crane - move this card to operations - if Cargo Lander is in operations and at least one avatar is on the lander - pay 3 recruit to reduce final enemy's att by 2 for this turn
1 x Final enemy: Xenomorph - this enemy cannot be killed unless at least one avatar is on the lander - double strike - runner - att 11
2 x David's Xenomorph - at end of hive phase, add another face-down card to the complex att 7
2 x David's Xenomorph - reveal: draw a strike att 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivushkin
Ukraine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting, will make cards and playtest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Csosz
msg tools
mbmbmb
wil_low wrote:
interesting, will make cards and playtest

Did you manage to playtest this? Is it somewhat balanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivushkin
Ukraine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not yet, sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.