Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just got the game this evening and assembled all 4 minis. Had a blast doing that.

Question regarding Kore Hammerskull's attack bonus (build momentum). It states "Discard up to 2 cards to do [x]". Nowhere in here does it say "you may". So am I obligated to discard at least 1 extra card when he attacks? While he hits like a train he also would have to pay a premium to attack (2 card minimum) every time he attacks. Now I read the "discard up to" piece as the part where I may choose to discard zero cards.

Any advice? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you are not obligated to discard any cards, I feel you may be overthinking the wording on the cards

I run a 'league' of Gorechosen where we all keep the same fighters (currently on season 3) and Kore really hits hard when he does give up those cards, I have often been hit for 21 or 28 wounds and it isn't pleasant.

We have 7 players and 2 boards playing simultaneously, it's great fun. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Another question for his discard ability; is it plus 2 wounds to each die roll (so 5 per successful hit) or just plus 2 to the cumulative result? We played it as plus 2 to each successful hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
Thank you. Another question for his discard ability; is it plus 2 wounds to each die roll (so 5 per successful hit) or just plus 2 to the cumulative result? We played it as plus 2 to each successful hit.

Yep that's right, 2 per hit. With a Mighty Strike Kore can potentially hit for 28 wounds!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is kind of my favorite mini. Also I played twice for the first time on Saturday. Kore won both matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.