Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small space and limited time to game so I am looking for a game with enough small footprint scenarios-one or two maps--to keep me busy for a while. Is BoB Ghost Panzer the game for me? I don't need every scenario to be small, but more than a few would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
Microbadge: Casual wargamerMicrobadge: COIN fan Microbadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fanMicrobadge: Motörhead fan
Rollo il Gatto wrote:
I have a small space and limited time to game so I am looking for a game with enough small footprint scenarios-one or two maps--to keep me busy for a while. Is BoB Ghost Panzer the game for me? I don't need every scenario to be small, but more than a few would be nice.
Well, the scenario book is uploaded here so you can look for yourself
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139761/ghost-panzer-s...

I doubt this is what you are looking for though. There are only 2 (IIRC) scenarios with one or two maps, though some more 3 map scenarios.

You should take a look at Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles though, it has more smaller scenarios.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82185/scenarios-20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the number of boards used in each scenario.

Ghost Panzer Scenario: # Boards
Infantry Training: 1
Panzer Training: 3
First T34's: 6 (3x2)
Bloody Triangle: 6 (3x2)
Take Dubno...or be Shot!: 4 (4x1)
Our Goose is Cooked: 6 (3x2)
Hill 251: 2
Vyazma Pocket: 4 (2x2)
Twelve Miles from Moscow: 3
The Last Blitzkrieg: 4 (2x2)
Stick to Them Like Glue: 4 (4x1)
Like a Good Neighbor: 9 (3x3)
The Back of My Hand: 4 (4x1)
Start of a Death Ride: 8 (4x2)
Obian Alone: 6 (3x2)
Korsun Pocket: 4 (2x2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you. I thought I looked for the scenario book and couldn't find it. Sorry.

I have really taken a liking to GP from reading the designer's notes and reading the posts here, but I just can't deal with all those maps on the table. I'll check out Screaming Eagles but everyone says GP is much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
Rollo il Gatto wrote:
I have really taken a liking to GP from reading the designer's notes and reading the posts here, but I just can't deal with all those maps on the table. I'll check out Screaming Eagles but everyone says GP is much better.
FWIW I enjoyed soloing through SE (see this blog post for more details), and by my quick count SE has about 11 scenarios with only 1 or 2 map boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
Microbadge: Casual wargamerMicrobadge: COIN fan Microbadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fanMicrobadge: Motörhead fan
Rollo il Gatto wrote:
Thanks to both of you. I thought I looked for the scenario book and couldn't find it. Sorry.

I'm not paying much attention to reviews so I'm really not sure what everybody says, but you should make sure that they are actually comparing the scenarios and not the rules. The version 1 rules that SE was published with were different from the rules that GP was published with.
Of course the current SE printing has the same rules as GP, but some people might still be talking about the old rule differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
K1LOG Ham Radio
badge
Microbadge: Solitaire WargamerMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Steven, keep in mind that the maps in BoB are quite small compared to a map in ASL, or Combat Commander, etc. BoB maps are only 8.5 x 11 inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just now watched an unboxing video and noticed that exact same thing. This may change things completely.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie 40
United States
in the flight path of McGuire AFB
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much space do you have to use? The game box is 9 x 12 inches. The maps are slightly smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlie four zero wrote:
How much space do you have to use? The game box is 9 x 12 inches. The maps are slightly smaller.
Now that I see how small the maps are and that they don't open up, I could possibly do 2x2. Still, Screaming Eagles might be a better set up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls