Vincent Frattali
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
1. Is there a difference between town and city? And if there are differences, how does one tell them apart?

2.British colonial card 10,are all native units removed from the whole board? The text reads"Place all native units in the fled units area," should it read FROM the fled area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions
billandmonica wrote:
1. Is there a difference between town and city? And if there are differences, how does one tell them apart?

2.British colonial card 10,are all native units removed from the whole board?
1. Not that I know of.

2. What is the text of the card?

Also, it would be much appreciated if you could change the title of the thread to something more descriptive, maybe "Questions about towns/cities and colonial card 10".
That way others that may have the same question can easily find it in the forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions
billandmonica wrote:

2.British colonial card 10,are all native units removed from the whole board?

Removed? No. The natives in the fled units area, and one in the supply, are added to the board. Those already on the board stay where they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Frattali
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
See my edited post. The card text says place units in not from which I think it should say. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
billandmonica wrote:
See my edited post. The card text says place units in not from which I think it should say. Thanks for the reply.
IIRC the card text says something like "Place all native units in fled area and 3 extra units where you can place reinforcements", right?

If so I see where you are coming from, but it should be parsed so that "all native units in fled area" is what you are placing, rather than parsing it as "place - all native units - in fled units area"

"From" might indeed have been a clearer word to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
billandmonica wrote:
IIRC the card text says something like "Place all native units in fled area and 3 extra units where you can place reinforcements", right?

If so I see where you are coming from, but it should be parsed so that "all native units in fled area" is what you are placing, rather than parsing it as "place - all native units - in fled units area"

"From" might indeed have been a clearer word to use.
More proper would have been "Place all native units that are in fled area and 3 extra units where you can place reinforcements". "In" describes location. "Into" would indicate direction: "Places all native units into fled area."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.