Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Fireteam Zero» Forums » Rules

Subject: Threat Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I am about to play my first game today and just want to make sure about the threat track. I know if any of the specialists are left unprotected due to the hero guarding them being knocked down the threat token is moved either 1 or 2 spaces and also moved 1 space at the beginning of the Threat Phase.
Looking at the sequence of play on the back page of the rule book, in the Resolve Monsters Attack segment it states "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track."
So is the threat track advanced when a hero is knocked down as stated?

Thanks
Mark
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
markmc wrote:
Hi all,
I am about to play my first game today and just want to make sure about the threat track. I know if any of the specialists are left unprotected due to the hero guarding them being knocked down the threat token is moved either 1 or 2 spaces and also moved 1 space at the beginning of the Threat Phase.
Looking at the sequence of play on the back page of the rule book, in the Resolve Monsters Attack segment it states "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track."
So is the threat track advanced when a hero is knocked down as stated?

Thanks
Mark


If a hero goes down, just flip the coin, unless specialists are left unprotected, in which case advance the threat track too.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin, just as I thought.

Mark
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With Abe's Improvisation focus card in use for a attack, do you roll for Brawl icons or do you just read the bullet icons as brawl's?
I'm sure it's the former of the two.

Mark
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
markmc wrote:
With Abe's Improvisation focus card in use for a attack, do you roll for Brawl icons or do you just read the bullet icons as brawl's?
I'm sure it's the former of the two.

Mark


You read the brawl icons as bullets. You disregard the bullet icons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
markmc wrote:
Hi all,
I am about to play my first game today and just want to make sure about the threat track. I know if any of the specialists are left unprotected due to the hero guarding them being knocked down the threat token is moved either 1 or 2 spaces and also moved 1 space at the beginning of the Threat Phase.
Looking at the sequence of play on the back page of the rule book, in the Resolve Monsters Attack segment it states "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track."
So is the threat track advanced when a hero is knocked down as stated?

Thanks
Mark


If a hero goes down, just flip the coin, unless specialists are left unprotected, in which case advance the threat track too.


Why does the back of the rules specify to advance the threat track with no mention of a specialist as OP pointed out "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track"? I'm confused...

Edit - this was confirmed as a incorrect in the summary.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bmash wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
markmc wrote:
Hi all,
I am about to play my first game today and just want to make sure about the threat track. I know if any of the specialists are left unprotected due to the hero guarding them being knocked down the threat token is moved either 1 or 2 spaces and also moved 1 space at the beginning of the Threat Phase.
Looking at the sequence of play on the back page of the rule book, in the Resolve Monsters Attack segment it states "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track."
So is the threat track advanced when a hero is knocked down as stated?

Thanks
Mark


If a hero goes down, just flip the coin, unless specialists are left unprotected, in which case advance the threat track too.


Why does the back of the rules specify to advance the threat track with no mention of a specialist as OP pointed out "If a hero is knocked down, flip the coin and advance the threat track"? I'm confused...


It's a mistake. It should say about moving the threat track only if specialists are left unprotected.

See here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/21563533#21563533
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I just found that thread myself and came back here to edit my post. Thanks, that is a bit confusing! I played that wrong as well as Abe's Improvisation focus card "read the brawl icons as bullets. You disregard the bullet icons."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.