Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So out of the cards released so far .... which encounter card do you dread the most when it turns up?? and Why?

And..... which enemy (monster/criminal) do you just never want to encounter? and Why? (whether it's just annoying or tough to beat)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
Nightgaunts!!!!

They always appear when I'm least prepared to handle them. Every catastrophic failure I've had (except my Blood on the Altar attempt with solo Pete) has involved a nightgaunt.

I really hate those guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Nightgaunts are a real pain. I always draw one at the worst time during The Midnight Masks scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
for me it's no contest, it's Ancient Evils. I always seem to draw an Ancient Evils or two, then something makes me shuffle the encounter deck and I draw them over again. Losing a whole turn is the worst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Millar
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ovaldo wrote:
So out of the cards released so far .... which encounter card do you dread the most when it turns up?? and Why?

And..... which enemy (monster/criminal) do you just never want to encounter? and Why? (whether it's just annoying or tough to beat)....

I'm going to third the Nightgaunts nomination...I hate those guys (creatures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burg
msg tools
Gotta say ancient evils. Nothing is worse than losing a full turn. Not sure what everyone is complaining about RE nightgaunts. They are a moderately annoying hunter at worst. In fact, the other card from the nightgaunt set "On Wings of Darkness" has been pretty helpful in moving me around the board .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
It depends how many players you're playing with, I think. With more players, Ancient Evils comes up more often, and if they come in clumps it can really mess things up, so I certainly agree with that choice as well. With fewer players, it has less of an impact, and I tend to play with fewer players. There are also many investigators who won't really care too much about nightgaunts, and I agree that On Wings of Darkness can sometimes be helpful.

My personal experience, however, is that the games I have lost have been because of nightgaunts. So I will always have a bit of an issue with them. Formative experiences and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So nightgaunts appear to be feared the most...

How about ....
1) Crypt chill ...like the time I lost Jim's trumpet in turn 1
2) Or Pushed to the Beyond....again losing my machete back in the deck just when I needed it...
3) Or Terror from Beyond...when my fellow investigator made me lose 4 precious event cards, 3 of them out of faction!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or actually Cursed Luck, made me lose a game once...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg M
msg tools
mbmb
Roland and Rotting Remains.

So bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, Nightgaunts can be really bad. If you draw one while you're trying to deal with other monsters (a pretty common happening in the Midnight Masks), things can spiral out of control really quickly.

In the non-monster category, Pushed into the Beyond is pretty brutal. Automatically lose an asset and you might take 2 horror as well. The first time I ever drew that card, I was Jenny, and had just proudly spent 10 resources to play her Twin .45s. They were my only asset in play when Pushed into the Beyond struck. I was sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.