Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Dwan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a section of the ship is destroyed and that one region gets hit again do we lose cards equal to the enemy's damage? If so does that just keep happening for each hit to a damaged section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phreekshow1 wrote:
If a section of the ship is destroyed and that one region gets hit again do we lose cards equal to the enemy's damage? If so does that just keep happening for each hit to a damaged section.

Yes, and yes. But since the ships advance and fire, eventually they (aside from Bolians) will become boarders, and after losing cards equal to their strength at that point, they will stop bothering you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have question kind of regarding this. Let's say I have three simple one damage dealing ships all in sector 1. They all move foreward, all fire one damage, all at once. If my shields are full strength, or damaged, then shields are destroyed. That extra 1 point doesn't go to the hull. I do understand all this.

Now, if my shields are gone and the HULL is undamaged, then those same three will hit the hull for three points of damage. How will this play out?

A. Hull gets destroyed, no "spillover" (losing a card from the deck)
B. Hull gets destroyed, third point of damage DOES remove a card from the deck.

Since the rulebook doesn't say anything about spillover damage from the hull, it only mentions the shields, I'm slightly confused how this would play out. I do know that if the hull was already completely damaged I'd lose 3 cards. But what about before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
As far as I understand, it would be B. The point of the rules is that all ships are attacking at once, and any existing shields always prevent spillover damage of the current attack. They are a barrier outside the ship, a buffer. Without shields, there is nothing to stop an attack's damage. The hull is not outside the ship; it is the ship. As soon as the hull has been destroyed, the ship has been penetrated and will continue receiving further damage.

In other words, once the shields are down, the ship is basically a piñata full of cards: if you hit it hard enough, they will start to spill out immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like that the "overflow" rule works differently between shields and the hull, but I remember from other threads that it is intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I explored the other threads and this is the same answer I've seen. I played it this way for my first time and wanted to know if I did it right. Thanks for the help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.