Subject: Starting Events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Clark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the TMG version. It says take the event tiles worth 11 and 12 points and shuffle them dealing one to each player as starting event. But there are other events for that size colosseum 7 and 9 points. Then it says to set the 22 events next to the board for future purchase. When counting the four and three size colosseums that makes 22. What happens to the other event tiles for the smallest colosseum. There is no purchase cost on them. Are they available for purchase at no cost or are they even in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the earlier edition, each player starts with two event programs. Unused "starter" events are out of the game. I don't know how it's supposed to work with the TMG version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chris
Japan
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
Each player starts with 2 event, (one random 7 or 9, and one 11 or 12)

You should probably put the unused events back in the box after setup.

I know both the image and the descriptions on pages 2 and 3 may look different or are at best unclear, but on page 5 under buying a new event program it says that players should have 2 event programs, and mentions that only "larger" events can be purchased.

Also the starting ones don't have any prices, so we've assumed they can't be bought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lesher
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechris01 wrote:
Each player starts with 2 event, (one random 7 or 9, and one 11 or 12)

You should probably put the unused events back in the box after setup.

I know both the image and the descriptions on pages 2 and 3 may look different or are at best unclear, but on page 5 under buying a new event program it says that players should have 2 event programs, and mentions that only "larger" events can be purchased.

Also the starting ones don't have any prices, so we've assumed they can't be bought!

This is correct. Everyone gets two starting events; one randomly dealt from the 7/9 valued events and one from the 11/12 valued events. If there are less than five players, unused starting event tiles are returned to the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.