Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Patchwork» Forums » General

Subject: Patchwork and water don't mix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent L
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was playing Patchwork with my 7 year old daughter this afternoon. My wife brought her over a cup of tea. Before I even had the chance to warn her or tell her to move it off the table. Splash, tea everywhere.

Things I learned.
Patchwork pieces are very absorbent.
Patchwork pieces blow up like balloons when wet.
Never let children (or probably adults) have drinks anywhere near your games.

RIP Patchwork, you were well played!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james howlett
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See, what you need to do is get one of them there fancy gaming tables. There was one on Kickstarter for like 800 bucks, would have saved you the $20 Patchwork cost. laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exhibit A in the case against those who claim games like Castles of Burgundy have such awful components. Everybody wants thicker tiles, but they don't realize those thin tiles are pressed and are much less prone to being ruined by a spill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it's only a $20 game. Could've been WAAAY worse.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybirdman wrote:
See, what you need to do is get one of them there fancy gaming tables. There was one on Kickstarter for like 800 bucks, would have saved you the $20 Patchwork cost. laugh


Does that eight hundred bucks include shipping?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasty man
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and its still in print so if u want to replace it you won't have to hunt it down then have to sell a kidney to afford it lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent L
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
This is exhibit A in the case against those who claim games like Castles of Burgundy have such awful components. Everybody wants thicker tiles, but they don't realize those thin tiles are pressed and are much less prone to being ruined by a spill.


Each layer just peeled away... now I have like a hundred button sized paper circles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kowynia
United States
Bedford
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed's Rules of Games #1: No drinks on the table with the games. I have been playing a game of The Longest Day (fortunately not mine) ruined. Coke. I have seen 4 oReginald AD&D manuals ruined ( again not mine, I was on the other side of the table) Sprite and a water, a double. And I have seen, at another table during a convention, Warhammer 40K hardback rule book ruined. Iced Tea.
You are better off with little side tables, or I frequently put my drink on the floor. And everyone I Game with knows the rule. I would never want to ruin anyone else's game either.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent L
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
siredofk wrote:
Ed's Rules of Games #1: No drinks on the table with the games. I have been playing a game of The Longest Day (fortunately not mine) ruined. Coke. I have seen 4 oReginald AD&D manuals ruined ( again not mine, I was on the other side of the table) Sprite and a water, a double. And I have seen, at another table during a convention, Warhammer 40K hardback rule book ruined. Iced Tea.
You are better off with little side tables, or I frequently put my drink on the floor. And everyone I Game with knows the rule. I would never want to ruin anyone else's game either.


This is usually my rule. Especially with children. Although children are usually better than drunk adults. It was literally "Don't put your drink on the table so you don't spi.... Ah crap."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Guy
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since patchwork is portable and quick to play I think a travel edition is in order. All plastic pieces and you can play by the pool. cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.