9 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building a structure on the Factory territory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrice Keller
msg tools
Hi,

In the video here : https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/rules-and-print-pla...
it's said that it not possible to build a structure on the Factory territory (23:22), but on the rule book it's written the opposite on page 18 : FACTORY: You may build on the Factory territory.
So where is the truth ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that it happens frequently, but I always played with allowing players to build on the factory hex and I believe that this is the correct rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Keller
msg tools
It's very important as you can build a structure and quit the territory with all units while keeping control on it until an opponent comes in.

So when the game ends you have a x3 territory without anything else than a structure on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabrice: I received and replied to your e-mail with this question a few minutes ago. The rulebook is correct: You can build on the Factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Fabrice: I received and replied to your e-mail with this question a few minutes ago. The rulebook is correct: You can build on the Factory.

Oh come on Jamey, I thought I would finally get a chance to give an answer before you swoop in.

EDIT: If you watch the video on YouTube, you can see Rodney's correction on the description. "CORRECTION (23:26): You MAY build a structure on The Factory." This doesn't show if you watch the video embedded on the Stonemaier page, so I can understand the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Keller
msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That hex you wish to build the structure on, must have at least one worker there, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. Workers build structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.