3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fog on the Barrow Downs question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stacy .
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, can anyone please explain to me this.

4A quests requires to put a wight out of the encounter deck into the staging arena. It goes into the second staging area right? Not the main one?

What do I do with this wight if I beat 4B without engaging it? Discard it? Yet kill it?

How do you manage that massive ally discard if Great Barrow appears from the encounter deck more than one time? One time may be manageabale (tho it ruined me completely while otherwise very smooth attempt), but isn't a second time a catastrophe yet? Use Frodo to shuffle Great Barrow back?

Solo, one-handed.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stacy99 wrote:

1) 4A quests requires to put a wight out of the encounter deck into the staging arena. It goes into the second staging area right?

2) What do I do with this wight if I beat 4B without engaging it?

3) How do you manage that massive ally discard if Great Barrow appears from the encounter deck more than one time?

4) Use Frodo to shuffle Great Barrow back?

Thanks.

1) That is correct. The When Revealed effect on stage 4A is what causes you to add a Wight enemy into the staging area. Since Stage 4A is what creates this effect, the enemy goes to Stage 4's staging area.

2) If you beat the stage without engaging the Wight enemy, the enemy will be combined with the other staging area.

Quote:
Combining Staging Areas

When a player is instructed to combine staging areas with another staging area, each enemy and location card in that player's staging area is added to the other staging area. Enemies engaged with a player remain engaged with him.

3)It is quite difficult to manage it multiple times, but it helps to have effects that let you put allies into play from your hand (like Sneak Attack). It also helps to save resources on your heroes so you can repopulate your army (though be careful of that one treachery that makes you raise your threat by the number of resources you have!) This quest is generally considered to be difficult.

4) I believe the Great Barrow's immunity to player card effects will prevent you from using Frodo's ability to shuffle it back into the encounter deck. I do not have a good source for this, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A hobbit deck appropriately works really here since they don't need many allies and all the enemies have a pretty high threat. With copies of Fast Hitch and Sam you'll be able to quest with everyone and still defend and attack. If you are playing campaign mode and also have Fellowship Frodo, the quest becomes a lot easier too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.