Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I Move Units Before Finishing Assignments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brock Burwell
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Perhaps I'm overlooking this but let me tell you a scenario.

Let's say my opponent and I both go through the assignment phase and lay all of our characters on the cards that we want to play that round. Let's say I'm playing on the imperial side and my opponent goes first and plays a card. When it's my turn, am I allowed to move units before I play my first card?

Basically, am I able to move units before I play all my cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
During the command phase, on your turn, you may activate a system, reveal a mission, or pass.

Short answer: yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spydervenom wrote:

Let's say my opponent and I both go through the assignment phase and lay all of our characters on the cards that we want to play that round. Let's say I'm playing on the imperial side and my opponent goes first and plays a card. When it's my turn, am I allowed to move units before I play my first card?

It sounds like you are asking if you can move units during the Assignment phase. The answer is no, unless you're holding Action card that breaks that rule (which will have Assignment printed above the card effect text). You must do all of your Assignment phase actions and, then, during the Command phase you can activate systems to move units and trigger Missions in whatever order you wish each time it is your turn to act until you pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by playing cards? Do you mean revealing Mission cards? If you do, then yes, you could activate a system first.

In the Assignment Phase, first the Rebels assign leaders from their pool to Mission cards. They might also play Assignment Action cards while doing so. When the Rebels are finished, the Imperials have their turn to do assign leaders to Missions and play Assignment Action cards.

You then move to the Command Phase. In the Command Phase, you take turns, starting with the Rebels. On each turn, the player of that turn either reveals a Mission Card with the leaders that were assigned to it, activates a system with a leader from their pool, or passes. You can do the first two of these options in any order you like, provided you only choose one option per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you may not do is remove an assigned Leader from a Mission card in order to use him/her to move units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spydervenom wrote:

It depends which phase of the turn you are talking about.

In the Assignment phase, you cannot activate a system with a Leader to move units. Playing an Action card that allows you to do this and which has "assignment" in bold above it can be played in the Assignment phase to move units.

In the Command phase, the Rebel and Imperial player alternate doing "things". You can either reveal a Mission or Activate a System when it is your turn to do something in the Command phase. You can freely choose which of those two you want to do and you don't have to follow a specific sequence.

If you want to Activate a System to move units there, you are allowed to do so even if you still have unrevealed Mission cards. However, in order to Activate a system, you must use a Leader from your Leader pool (ie one not assigned to a mission) which has a Tactics value and place that Leader in the system you want to activate.

It is one of the things to think about during the Command Phase: in what order do I want to do things? Do I want to do a certain Mission before another mission (ie Capture Rebel Operative prior to Lure of the Dark Side)? Do I want to move units on the board first (ie engage a Rebel fleet before it has a chance to move out of range)? Etc. It is quite an important part of the game and requires some thought as you cannot move units from a system that already contains one of your Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.