Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The Ginkgo Sword reads: "Cannot be vaporized." We are wondering if the Ginkgo Sword can be vaporized while it is in the dungeon. For example, if the Ginkgo Sword is hidden, and the Laser Obelisk, which reads, When defeated, vaporize a card in the dungeon."", is defeated, and the player chooses the hidden Ginkgo Sword to be vaporized, what happens? Is the card revealed instead? Is it vaporized, then returned to the dungeon in the same spot face down and hidden again? Or does the ability of a card apply even when it is hidden?

If the answer to that is that it CAN'T be vaporized. Then what about when it is in the deck? Like if it is the top card of the Dungeon Deck and it is Vaporized by the Mad Mower? What happens to it then?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Shambach
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Greetings Taylor,

The Ginkgo Sword can be vaporized while hidden in the
Dungeon or on the top of the Dungeon Deck. Cards that are hidden or face down are considered to have no effects, powers or abilities and as such Ginkgo Sword's ability is not in effect in your examples.

Please note however that while face up, the Ginkgo Sword cannot be vaporized but can still be chosen for effects that can try to vaporize it. For example, if the player who defeats Laser Obelisk, a revealed Ginkgo Sword can be chosen, but fails to actually be vaporized.

Hope this is helpful and hope you like the Gardenin' Elm Dungeon Builder set.

-Glenn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This answers my question well, thank you! We have been enjoying it a lot actually; the mechanics in this set are one of my favorite ones yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glenn did a really great job on this set! It's one of my favorites too! He will be taking on a bigger role with the next Season! Really excited to see his ideas develop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dranore wrote:
Glenn did a really great job on this set! It's one of my favorites too! He will be taking on a bigger role with the next Season! Really excited to see his ideas develop.

Happy to hear that! Like I Said, we've been having some fun with all of Season 2 so far but this one has been one of our favorites out of the new stuff provided!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.