Subject: Any disasters hiding in this solo variant suggestion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
If I'm reading the rules correctly, in the solo version, defense tokens _only_ serve to complete sets for the 12 point bonus at the end of the game.

If I'm right about that, I'd like if possible to have a way to simulate their "defense" function from the multiplayer game. My suggestion is, whenever the pseudo-player bids for a card that has an attack symbol on it, assuming the player did not also bid for that card, then the pseudo-player gets an attack token. At the end of the game, the player loses points for each attack token the pseudo-player has accrued.

There's the issue of what to do if both players bid the same color and that color has two cards available. I think I'd do it like this: Pseudoplayer _always_ gets the bottom card, real player _always_ gets the top card, whether that's the one he really "wanted" or not.

Do you think there are any unplayability disasters lurking in this house rule?

Pseudo may get too many atack tokens this way. I figure it could be changed to losing points for every pair of attack tokens, or more complex but for me more satisfying-feeling, the pseudo _only_ gets the attack token _if_ the attack token appears on the pseudo's bid card _at or below_ the highest level the real player has built on.

Well, what do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt Pepere
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a second nice idea. I'd roll a D4 for each time an available attack token appears. If you roll the line number where the token is, the opponent gets it.

As for the first, I remember that if your opponent bets the same color as you, you don't get a card at all even if there are two cards available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.