Expedition Altiplano» Forums » Rules

Subject: End game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to gaming, and we bought this in The Works several weeks ago. The rules state that when a player lays down a second treasure card, the game is over. However, all treasure cards say that I must have a location before adding a treasure card to the board, and I must discard the location upon playing a treasure card to the board. Do I need to continue play after laying down the second treasure card to get a location before winning, or does the game end even though I don't have a location. Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

You actually need first to have a location and second to lay down the treasure!

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Arnaud,

Yes, but directly after laying down the treasure, I have to discard the location. But even though I don't have a location, I can still keep the second treasure, so I win. Yes?

We decided to try to create narrative to explain the cards, so we figure whenever a crew finds a treasure, they run from their location, so that's why you have to discard the location -- because you've scarpered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

You need a location in play to play a treasure. You play a treasure and then you discard your location. So you satisfied the need of having in play and discarding a location for the treasure, you don't need to play a second location for the same treasure. But you need to play another location to discover the second treasure.

The narrative is: you found the treasure in this location and then you go away.

When you play your second treasure, the game is over and you win.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that helps. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.