flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wotcha peeples, how's it going?

Nothing to report this month so I'll catch you next time, have a good one!

Oh wait. Yeah, there were a couple of things...

It's another biggie so grab a blankie and a nice drink. Francesca has taken a brief hiatus from classical music and been delving into some sumptuous ambient electronica and mixing so let's pop a record on for some atmosphere too:

MOTHER-FLIPPING BOAT IS SHIPPING!!

That's right, folks, the games are on the boat from China to the UK now! I get a lurch of excitement each time I think about it, like inching slowly towards the drop on the highest roller coaster in the world.

Some practical info on this:

The shipping container is called the CMA CGM GEORG FORSTER. I'm only telling you this in case, like me, you're irresistibly drawn to the total madness of following it's achingly glacial progress towards the UK. There's even a link you click on to track its so-called progress:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:344...

The ship seems to jump around all over the place so don't be alarmed (like I was) if occasionally it seems to go backwards because it will eventually right its course. Unless Gamesquest are having me on and the real boat is a different one entirely. After a night of drinking and gaming at Insomnia with those cheeky scoundrels I wouldn't put it past them.

Georg(!) Forster is estimated to arrive on May 20th in the UK.
Once it arrives in the UK, Gamesquest will pack and ship all of the games worldwide.
Gamesquest estimate that you should all have your games in your hands within 7 to 21 days from the 20th.
Please do not contact Gamesquest or ask me for updates on your individual parcels during this time as it will only add unnecessary administrative pain to the process.
All the parcels will be sent at roughly the same time - it's a small enough run of games that we're not going to prioritise any particular countries over others.
Gamesquest also had this to say about the shipping fulfilment services carrying your games: "for within the EU - Packport Express, using your local postal services, for the Rest of the World - Royal Mail Airmail - Untracked for single copies of the game, or DHL Express for multiple copies of the game."
There will be individual shipping notifications for backers as their games are dispatched.

I think this covers everything that I currently know, but fire away in the comments section with any other questions you might have.

Touch of Death and other undisclosed projects!!

We have so many exciting projects coming down the pipeline, with a number of partnerships developing with some crazy good IPs. Of course we want to realise them all, and to do that we'll need your continuing support and your help more than ever to spread the good word about our games, and for you to stand on the street corners shouting, 'Ut, ut, ut!' Or you can just come and join us on June 1st instead...

1066, Tears to Many Mothers

Box art mock-up

It's official, we are Kickstarting our second award-nominated game on June 1st to run until the end of June.

This should give you all plenty of time to receive your copies of Gloom of Kilforth either before the campaign starts or within the first week or so of the campaign. When you open your copy of Gloom of Kilforth one of two things will happen:

You see what we've done with the game, and how ridiculously far it's come since its inception, causing you to dive through the air towards your nearest device, tumbling into a combat roll and smashing the 1066 Pledge button all in one swift motion.
Something akin to what happened to those poor guys at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when they opened the Ark of the Covenant.

I'm hoping for the former in all cases but I promise nothing, and I saw the latter happen to a few players at expos recently. Speaking of...

Expos: Insomnia!!

We gave GoK its final pre-shipping expo tour at the spectacular Insomnia where we were hosted by the beautiful people at Gamesquest and Esdevium and responses to the game were phenomenal! I did some of that Live Video streaming nonsense so you can check that out here if you've literally nothing better to do:

https://business.facebook.com/gloomofkilforth/videos/1363149...

https://business.facebook.com/tristanamhall/videos/101586592...

An ephemeral moment of downtime before the doors opened...

Media!!

We're featured in Tabletop Gaming magazine under "UK Games Expo: This Year's Must-See Games"!

It's a really good article too...

Addresses!!

Okay so you've got 48 hours from 21.30 GMT on the 30th April 2017 to get your address finalised. So for the very last time, to check your address details:
Go to "Backed Projects".
Click the blue "view more pledge info" button to the right of "Gloom of Kilforth".
Then click on the "survey" tab.
If you are a late backer don't worry, you gave me your address when you pre-ordered. If you have moved since then send me an email: ninjadorg at gmail dot com

#BoardChitless Podcast!!

We have been busy bees indeed - we only went and started a gaming podcast and we're 5 episodes deep already! We're mostly nattering about the games we've played and hitting on topics like Kickstarter in gaming but we've had some awesome special guests already with the mighty Paul Grogan from Gaming Rules joining us on episode 3, and game designer extraordinaire Mark Chaplin (Revolver, Invaders, and the upcoming Lifeform) on episode 5. We have gaming legend Morten Pederson (of Scythe and Viticulture automa fame) chatting to us this week, and two of my personal game design heroes: twin brothers Adam and Brady Sadler (X-Wing, Warhammer Quest ACG) the week after.

You can catch us on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmL8GIicWc&list=PLi8c-xbvjA...

You can also catch our podcast on soundcloud here:

https://soundcloud.com/boardchitless

Once you're at the episode you want just hit More and Download. And we're available on iTunes too here:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/boardchitless-board-gami...

#BoardChitless Gaming Chat Group!!

Come and join us for gaming ChitChat on the forums. I'm conscious that we only have a couple of Kickstarter updates left for this project now so how are we all going to stay in touch once it's all over?? It's been such a lovely and supportive group in the comments section and we're keeping that alive in our BoardChitless chat group, so please come and join us at the link below. Feel free to suggest games, interviewees, topics, questions, or even volunteer to come on the show:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428015890882352

I know some of you don't use Facebook but it's an incredible tool for us to stay in contact with you all, so if you do happen to make an exception come and say hello.

Artbook!!

It's still coming - let's talk about this more after the 1066 campaign.

Art teasers!!

I couldn't help myself, we've been sharing these on social so I hope you're following us, but in case you aren't you can catch up on my blog here:

http://ratdorg.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/gloom-of-kilforth-face...

A Teaser Example, 4 more on the blog, yo...

Speaking of Social!!

Please Follow, Like, Share, Retweet and all that, and keep us up to date with all your news:

https://www.facebook.com/gloomofkilforth

https://www.facebook.com/1066Tears

https://twitter.com/ninjadorg

https://twitter.com/1066TTMM

https://www.instagram.com/ninjadorg

https://www.youtube.com/tristanhallrocks

See You Laters!!

Okay, that's all folks, in the next update your games will be on their way to you or ALREADY IN YOUR FLIPPING HANDS!!!

Take good care.

Tristan xx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!

Do you think we'll have this before UKGE Tristan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
Great!

That's what I'm hoping for, and currently it's a strong possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Hmm, GamesQuest has so far always been on time. So mid-June I should be playing this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
jesberpen wrote:
Great!

Excellent, because I want my copy signed at the expo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flood Sky - far too short at 2:59. I'd pay for an hour of that...... Great stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksis Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It got in the sea! Never been so excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Is 1066 a good solo game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Justice_Bolt wrote:

I have heard it is from people who have playtested it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still got to wait nearly the whole of May shakecry Shall we all just get in the sea and push the boat here?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Motoningennoken wrote:
Leki wrote:

Only I see 3 unidentified ships in its way. How will it dodge?

Pirates! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melkathi wrote:
Hmm, GamesQuest has so far always been on time. So mid-June I should be playing this

That's the plan, hopefully even earlier.

jesberpen wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
jesberpen wrote:
Great!

Excellent, because I want my copy signed at the expo

I'd be honoured to sign your copy, Jesus.

Dave in Ledbury wrote:
Flood Sky - far too short at 2:59. I'd pay for an hour of that...... Great stuff

Thanks Dave - there's more coming, and Francesca has put four brilliant tracks together with this new sound so far (though the Dirty Bass one is a bigger departure...):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Motoningennoken wrote:
Leki wrote:

Only I see 3 unidentified ships in its way. How will it dodge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Justice_Bolt wrote:

We have a bunch of highly qualified 1 Player Guild members testing and refining the solo mode/AI bot at the moment and we're very happy with where it's at. More info on the solo mode soon hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Johansson
Australia
Cudal
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the way Francesca's track was EXACTLY the right length for me to read the top post. Beautifully coordinated.

Now if only the ship had have gone to Australia first to drop a few copies off. I mean look, it's practically on the way!

Well, maybe not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
Justice_Bolt wrote:

We have a bunch of highly qualified 1 Player Guild members testing and refining the solo mode/AI bot at the moment and we're very happy with where it's at. More info on the solo mode soon hopefully.

I promise I'm getting back to more testing soon. I've really missed playing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melkathi wrote:
Hmm, GamesQuest has so far always been on time...

Unless you were a UK backer of Too Many Bones. They shipped stuff to Australia, which arrived before they bothered to get any of our orders out the door. Weeks of extra waiting for nothing. And they misrepresented how it was going to both backers and the game's designers/publishers. shake

I hope they have their shit together this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after getting the games in China, the boat went to Singapore. And now, it just left Singapore and is travelling to the Suez Canal in Egypt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemonsson wrote:
I like the way Francesca's track was EXACTLY the right length for me to read the top post. Beautifully coordinated.

We totally planned for that. whistle

repairmanjack wrote:

Cheers Jason!

repairmanjack wrote:
melkathi wrote:
Hmm, GamesQuest has so far always been on time...

Unless you were a UK backer of Too Many Bones. They shipped stuff to Australia, which arrived before they bothered to get any of our orders out the door. Weeks of extra waiting for nothing. And they misrepresented how it was going to both backers and the game's designers/publishers. shake

I hope they have their shit together this time.

I'll re-post from the KS comments here: there are a lot of other factors involved with the TMB fulfilment that I cannot talk about, but rest assured it’s not that Gamesquest did nothing for 3 weeks because that would put them out of business. We have been planning and preparing this with GQ for well over a year and based on vastly more positive feedback from other KS projects and creators - including the recommendation from Jamey Stegmaier - I am more than confident of GQ handling the project as planned.

Itai wrote:
So, after getting the games in China, the boat went to Singapore. And now, it just left Singapore and is travelling to the Suez Canal in Egypt...

I believe so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:

Also guilty of the same sin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Itai wrote:

I believe so.

Ok, for those interested, I started a thread which will follow its adventures while bringing our games to London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Davi
msg tools
ninjadorg wrote:

Great stuff I played a bit around with the map as well, it is fun to see how much traffic is going on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HHGTTG wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

Great stuff I played a bit around with the map as well, it is fun to see how much traffic is going on

I strongly recommend Itai's thread above for tracking it - great fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.