Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up A Game of Thrones: The Card Game – Queen of Dragons, first edition for a great sales price. Can I use these cards with my A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition) base set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, they're not compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that's why you got it for such an awesome price! Snarkiness aside, the 1st edition is still a great game. FFG simply streamlined it all to produce the 2nd edition.

So if you want to hold onto that expansion you bought, there are plenty of people (including me) that are selling/willing to sell their first edition collections. So if you go for the 1st edition, you can get an entire collection for pennies on the dollar!

I still have my 1st edition collection sitting in my closet... waiting for a good home to find it. (That's code for I've been too lazy to actively try to sell it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Barry. I think I'll just throw it in with my other games in my next $1 Huzzah auction. I have about 60+ games I need to get rid off fast. The bids all start at a $1. I usually get several buyers who pick up a dozen games at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.