Subject: Solo missions in KS - worth $10? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the solo missions are available as a PDF, but will it be super annoying not to have the cards for the items when playing the game? I'm a new backer so not sure how much gameplay impact not having the cards might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
I know the solo missions are available as a PDF, but will it be super annoying not to have the cards for the items when playing the game? I'm a new backer so not sure how much gameplay impact not having the cards might have.

Up to you whether it's worth it. You can print out the item cards, and if you use sleeves for the items they might not even look that different. Since the items are never hidden information, there's no need for them to look exactly the same.

That said, I want my cards to look the same as my other ones, and by time I print out all of the scenarios in full colour, I've probably spent half the cost of the scenarios in printer ink, so I'm going for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:

It really just depends on how annoyed you would be playing with print and play components. If you sleeve your treasure items, then you'd never notice a difference with print and play versions of the new items. Even if you don't sleeve, there's technically no reason that new items couldn't be in a different form from the normal items.

That being said, $10 is pretty cheap for 17 nicely printed and bound pages and a bunch of cards. I think it's worth picking up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm getting them, so obviously I think it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
My GF and I spent about $7 color printing out the PDFs, and printing and cutting the items on card stock. So I would say $10 is more then fair pricing for a professionally done job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly it is up to you.

I am doing it even though I already printed out the scenarios and cards on cardstock. But I like the printing to match the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Au
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Felkor wrote:
JayOBedlam wrote:

Up to you whether it's worth it. You can print out the item cards, and if you use sleeves for the items they might not even look that different. Since the items are never hidden information, there's no need for them to look exactly the same.

That said, I want my cards to look the same as my other ones, and by time I print out all of the scenarios in full colour, I've probably spent half the cost of the scenarios in printer ink, so I'm going for it.

And let's not forget the fact that buying them means supporting your favourite game developer! Our group hasn't even tried out the solo scenarios, but I'm looking forward to having the physical item cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
dbailey wrote:
That being said, $10 is pretty cheap for 17 nicely printed and bound pages and a bunch of cards. I think it's worth picking up.
Not in some parts of the world where it costs another $10 for shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sands
United Kingdom
Pinner
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
dbailey wrote:
Not in some parts of the world where it costs another $10 for shipping!

Perhaps, though it's free shipping if you're already getting the game like the OP, and as you seem to be in the UK, even if you're not getting the game it will only cost you $5...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.