Subject: February spoiler question about lost characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Haag
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If a character gets lost, the player has to discard all cards. Is it possible for a rival of that character (relationship "rivals with") to discard two cards and pick up one of the lost characters discarded cards instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say "yes" - it was discarded from that character's hand of cards - but I can see the argument for "no" too - you only discard the hand after the character's lost, so their character sheet is no longer relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Haag
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's exactly the problem. The rules tell you to destroy the character card. "Discard all cards you have" is two sentences after that, so if the rules are to be interpreted as a step-by-step-guide, that would support the "NO"-answer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
rmsgrey wrote:
I'd say "yes"

That's the exact opposite of the answer you gave a year and a half ago. :-p

For what it's worth, I lean towards saying you're dead and gone by the time you discard your hand, so your rival can't pick up the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
clivej wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
I'd say "yes"

For what it's worth, I lean towards saying you're dead and gone by the time you discard your hand, so your rival can't pick up the cards.

Clive has it right - you can't have a relationship with a lost character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
I'd say "yes"

I was willing to entertain the other option back then too, so it's less that I've flipped from one extreme to the other, and more that I've wandered a little in the grey area in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.