Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb

2017 DTC No Ship Math Trade

This no ship math trade is intended to attendees of the ’17 Dice Tower Con only. If you would like to participate, but do not already have a badge, you will need to find someone to serve as a proxy for you. The proxy will be responsible to both posting the items, and completing the trades.

Exact time and location of the exchange to be determined.

Trade Geeklist Here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/224886/17-dice-tower-con-...
Request Geeklist Here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/224887/17-dice-tower-con-...

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, June 4th, 2017, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Friday, June 16th, 2017, 9:00 PM EDT
%End%

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize the OLWLG (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade.

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent.

d10-4If you will not be attending all 5 days of the con, please state in your description that days you will be attending.

Sample Description:

Condition: Complete, 1 corner dented.
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Attending: Thu Night-Sunday

d10-5Add sweeteners using the drop down menu so they properly displays in the OLWLG.

d10-6If you have reason to remove an item, please DELETE it. The OLWLG handles this just fine. See rule 7.

d10-7Subscribe to an item you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number, and an item gets removed, the number will change.

d10-8Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason. You will need to use outside the scope of BGG and altname tags.

d10-9 Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage. This means that if you are offering a gift card or cash, you may not add a gift card or cash as a want for that item. If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-1d10-0Please refrain from posting items in the trade and Flea Market at the same time. One or the other until the trade concludes.

d10-1d10-1 Any disputes will be mediated by the moderator.

I encourage as many of you that are interested in math trading to participate. Use the discussion thread for questions, or feel free to GM me.

Helpful Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

ITERATIONS=100
SEED=5012017
METRIC=users-trading
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in participating, but I'm confused as to what the following means:

BentlyCash wrote:
If you would like to participate, but do not already have a badge, you will need to find someone to serve as a proxy for you.

What is this badge? My girlfriend bought the tickets as a birthday gift to me, so I wasn't involved in that process. Does that mean I can't do the math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy R wrote:
I am interested in participating, but I'm confused as to what the following means:

BentlyCash wrote:
If you would like to participate, but do not already have a badge, you will need to find someone to serve as a proxy for you.

What is this badge? My girlfriend bought the tickets as a birthday gift to me, so I wasn't involved in that process. Does that mean I can't do the math trade?

Basically means the trade is taking place in the convention so if you don't have a ticket to the convention (a badge) you won't be able to physically get to the trade. Hence the need for a proxy in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Edward said, Ticket & badge are referring to the same thing in this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have read/watched a thousand math trade tutorials, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how to add sweeteners. The header above says that you should use the drop down box, but I don't see that anywhere, whether I try to add the game through the normal geek list or through the OLWLG.

If I want to add Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game plus four of the expansions to that game as sweeteners, how do I go about doing that? Add in each expansion separately or add it to the comments section for the main game? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Evan

when you are adding an item to the geeklist within the row that's labeled "Formatting:" you'll see a drop down "insert geek link"... under that is "board game" (or whatever other type of item you may be adding)

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Hi Evan

when you are adding an item to the geeklist within the row that's labeled "Formatting:" you'll see a drop down "insert geek link"... under that is "board game" (or whatever other type of item you may be adding)

Jeff

I've used that a number of times, so I'm familiar with that process. So I would put all four sweeteners inside one geek list entry and the OLWLG can see those and process accordingly? I should NOT set up individual entries for each expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Hi Evan

Jeff

I've used that a number of times, so I'm familiar with that process. So I would put all four sweeteners inside one geek list entry and the OLWLG can see those and process accordingly? I should NOT set up individual entries for each expansion?

correct, just one geeklist item with all sweetners listed. If they are separate items they will be up for trade separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. Off to list my wares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirke Lawton
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does the official DTC schedule say "If you participated in the Math Trade, this is your last chance to Exchange your games." for Wednesday 4-5PM? That's not accurate, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klawton wrote:
Why does the official DTC schedule say "If you participated in the Math Trade, this is your last chance to Exchange your games." for Wednesday 4-5PM? That's not accurate, right?

Yes, that is incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirke Lawton
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
klawton wrote:

Yes, that is incorrect.

Will there be other times added to the schedule, or will we just work out our own game handoffs? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirke Lawton
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade so excuse the rookie question.

I haven't seen any $$ items yet. Is that because people wait until the end to enter those? Are there any no-nos regarding cash (beside the no cash-for-cash entries in the want list thing)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'll amend my earlier comment. It looks like Wednesday 4-5 is the only official exchange, if you can't make that, it's up to you to get with your partner another time during the con.

There is currently only 1 cash entry. In the past, there have been more. Feel free to enter some. I think most people with cash just choose to spend it directly in the virtual flea market. Only no-no is cash for more cash, which we call arbitrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a listing that I've asked the lister to fix. I'm going to bed, so I'll give it until the morning to lock the list and open up the wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What did I do wrong? I have add-ons on some of my games, but on the OLWLG, it just shows up as script instead of listing the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ukla the Mock wrote:
What did I do wrong? I have add-ons on some of my games, but on the OLWLG, it just shows up as script instead of listing the items.

How did you add them? When you use the drop-down menu, it generates a script in this format [ thing=145209 ][ /thing ], but yours is in a different format(boardgame in lieu of thing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, then that's what I did wrong. I just typed the script in there. Sorry about that. First math trade. Live and learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too late to edit your entries? We have 8 days remaining to finalize our wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I already tried that. I think because the geeklist is closed it won't let me. It says that I don't own the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once wants are open, nothing can be added or edited. Honestly, it's not a big deal. If someone is interested, they can click on the listings and view it in bgg, where it's displayed correctly.

Speaking of the days left, don't wait until the last minute. Both of the last 2 years, people were left out of the trade because they didn't to their lists in time. Just get it in, then you can sit back and wait for the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, notice I said finalize, not submit? I'll probably submit 50 more times in the next week, but I doubt my want list is ever truly finalized! I keep second guessing what I want to trade for what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not sweating it. Like I said earlier, live and learn. Thanks to you guys for chiming in and talking it through with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Ukla the Mock wrote:

How did you add them? When you use the drop-down menu, it generates a script in this format [ thing=145209 ][ /thing ], but yours is in a different format(boardgame in lieu of thing)

fwiw the olwlg will also accept the original

[ gameid = nnnn ]

as well as full bgg links to game pages using the regex

m/^boardgamegeek.com\/(board|)game\/(\d+)/i

and fwiw if one in the olwlg clicks on the "?" help icon it takes you to the wikipage OLWLG where under Step 3 "adding sweeteners" the 1st two methods are documented (the bgg full url links isn't as not encouraged )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.