Agricola, Master of Britain» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of quick questions after the first playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Messer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if these have been asked elsewhere..

1. Is it possible to just move a legion without an action? I had one in Ordovices with no tribes in the vicinity, couldn't do a peacekeeping due to leader up North and I wanted to start moving North, via Deva Victrix, to support other troops.

2. I am playing it that if I have a legion with just units that are three aquila, if I wanted to establish a garrison I would reduce one unit to 2 aquila and use the other one aquila to set up the garrison - is this the case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashorty wrote:
Sorry if these have been asked elsewhere..

1. Is it possible to just move a legion without an action? I had one in Ordovices with no tribes in the vicinity, couldn't do a peacekeeping due to leader up North and I wanted to start moving North, via Deva Victrix, to support other troops.

You must take an action to move a Legion. Regarding the peacekeeping action, do you mean that there's a Leader in the Green Region that you want to move into, or that there's a Leader in the Red Region? I ask because in the revised rules, you're only prevented from taking the Peacekeeping action if there's a Leader in the Region in which you are taking the action, whereas the original rules were more restrictive. Assuming you have the most recent rules which came out about seven months ago (and should be packed-in with any copies of the game published since then), your best bet would be to move to Deva Victrix with a Peacekeeping action, and then move North on a subsequent Suppression/Battle/whatever action. (Or, depending on the board situation, wait until the Red Leader disappears.)

Quote:
2. I am playing it that if I have a legion with just units that are three aquila, if I wanted to establish a garrison I would reduce one unit to 2 aquila and use the other one aquila to set up the garrison - is this the case?

No, the unit is gone completely. So if, for example, you have 3 3-aquila units, when you take the Garrison action, you will then have 2 3-aquila units left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Messer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I get the answer to 2 and I am sort of there with 1 but not quite...

If I have the XX legion stationed in Ordovices and want to head North, I would have to move through Deva Victrix which does not appear to be in a particular region. Can I go straight through to Cornovvi (green) with a peacekeeping action (assuming no Green leader about)? What if I wanted to just return to Deva Victrix to recruit new troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashorty wrote:
Excellent Tom, that clears that up, thank you thumbsup
Been playing old rules re peacekeeping and leader so that now makes sense.

The updated rules are available for download here on BGG, with the changes in red. There were a couple of other little things, but Peacekeeping was the big one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.