Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » Rules

Subject: Illuminati 'End of Round' Ability and Leftover Dice Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Does the Illuminati 'End of Round' Ability Card (take an additional turn after round end) allow you to simply get another chance to use any remaining dice you haven't placed ... or do you get to re-roll all your dice for one additional board placement?

2. Do any remaining dice which haven't been placed on a board go to the Library, or only the dice you actually placed which didn't yield any treasure/results?

Many thanks for responses to these questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spudkitty wrote:
1. Does the Illuminati 'End of Round' Ability Card (take an additional turn after round end) allow you to simply get another chance to use any remaining dice you haven't placed ... or do you get to re-roll all your dice for one additional board placement?

2. Do any remaining dice which haven't been placed on a board go to the Library, or only the dice you actually placed which didn't yield any treasure/results?

Many thanks for responses to these questions!

1. For me the additional turn is a "normal" turn (re-roll all your dice for one additional board placement).

2. All your remaining dice are placed in the library.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Yes, it's a last additional turn, where you roll your remaining dic and place them (some of them) onto one board.

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
KivasFajo wrote:

Are you sure about this? I don't think that's implied in the rules for either the old or new game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
KivasFajo wrote:

Are you sure about this? I don't think that's implied in the rules for either the old or new game

Yes, that is correct. From the original game's forum
jeffinberlin wrote:
Correct--the idea of the Latrina is that every die that does not win something for that player (whethere placed or not) gets at least a "Re-Roll" token as a consolation prize.

And I believe this is from the original game's rulebook
Quote:
Yes - From the rule book.
Latrina - 'This is where dice go:
.that have no other legal place
.when displaced from the Forum
.that are not used in scoring (including those not placed when the set ends)

Admittedly, I didn't see it spelled out in Order's rulebook. The closest I came from a quick glance (pg9 under the Library)
Quote:
Any dice that do not yield any reward when buildings are resolved will also be moved here.

But I can see where that doesn't clearly state dice not placed when a round ends are moved to the library
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks! Odd that the original rulebook only put this in the sidebar, which is meant as a summary to the rules. I don't see it in the main text at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Alea Iacta Est and had to read through the rules to teach it.

I'm not sure where it is in the rules, but it was clear that any unused dice are placed in the Latrine. (As well as any dice that weren't successfully used on a tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Misterboy wrote:
I'm not sure where it is in the rules, but it was clear that any unused dice are placed in the Latrine. (As well as any dice that weren't successfully used on a tile).

Page 5 in the sidebar. I think it's ONLY clarified in the sidebar, even though the rulebook says "All the rules for the game are included in the main text"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

Page 5 in the sidebar. I think it's ONLY clarified in the sidebar, even though the rulebook says "All the rules for the game are included in the main text"

But... uh? All the rules are in the main text. I just double checked.

Quote:
Also, any die that does not score during the scoring (see below)
is placed here.

The sidebar is nice, but not necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Misterboy wrote:
But... uh? All the rules are in the main text. I just double checked.

Quote:
Also, any die that does not score during the scoring (see below)
is placed here.

I didn't find this text clear enough, and still don't. The clarification in the sidebar is very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
And just for completness sake, here's an earlier post from the publisher confirming all leftover dice go to the library

Leftover Dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.