Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
What exactly are the objectives per faction?

how different does each faction play ?

i saw the game some while ago and while i love aliens the game seems too costly for what it included, and the rules were a mess

so im happy to see a 2nd edition, 60E or less seems fair for what it includes(i could use more miniatures though)

im still not that decided though, i wanna hear more about the gameplay, my main focus

also i saw "addons" ,like i dislike how alien queen isnt included in the base game, will there be expansion for the 2nd E? the addition in 1E included rules for it? if yes what it was?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 2nd Edition includes the stats for the Queen and other add ons so you can use them though the actual add-on will still come with 1st edition cards.

Someone posted a link to the rule PDF I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The objectives are the same for each faction (except maybe the launch a pod objective), but they differ per mission. You e.g. got "carry a token", "damage a room", "kill a specific amount of models".

There is an expansion in the works for the board game which is currently being playtested. The rulebook of 2nd edition does include all the rules for every miniature (base game and add-ons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nick

Why don't you download the 2.0 version? It is a WiP 2nd Ed and free for download from the site, but it will do for forming an opinion. It will not be hard to find, all objectives and objective rules are put together in two places (mission and custom scenarios).
avp.prodosgames.com/downloads

Like Jake and Peer said, the rulebook contains all the stats for all models, and you can print the 3 pages that contain faction stats (1 page for each faction).

There are around 10 different objectives, and you can use an "objective" deck to draw from. There is much replayability. And the rules contain a method to build random maps and apply the objectives.

Cheers,
K.

Edit: Is that flag correct? you can join our group https://www.facebook.com/groups/avp.thbgreece/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.