Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

The second game in the FRANK CHADWICK'S ETO series (vol. II), THE MIDDLE SEA, I hope to have an alpha test kit ready at Consimworld expo later this month. Here's a look at the map (laid out on the floor) and some counters.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks gorgeous. I like especially the doublesized convoy counters. Maybe you should make the BBs, CAs etc. the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Naval units, as it is with the Ground and Air units, come in 3 sizes: Large (.75"), Medium (.65"), and Small (.55"). So, a Battleship is on a .75" counter.

Here, you can see the difference on these US playtest counters for the third game in the series: DECISION IN THE WEST.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I understand. Nonetheless, great graphics. IMO the font is perfect, also its size and the colours.

Please allow me 5 questions

What means the compass icon left above on each US counter?

What is the medal and 4 dot icon for?

Is it necessary to have an US on the left side of the nato symbol? Is the US color on the counter not enough to indicate the national identity?

When will we see card layout and artwork?

Is there any chance that we will see a pacific expansion of ETO in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What means the compass icon left above on each US counter?

Each game in the series has an icon so that, if you combine your games to play The Big Campaign Game, you can break them back down into their component games once again more easily.

Quote:
What is the medal and 4 dot icon for?

The Medal means that 2-step unit has a sort of "third half-step" in the guise of a Battlegroup/Kampfgruppe. When it is eliminated, one of these little units takes its place and can be rebuilt to a 1-step "real boy" for half price (or free, if it's safe in a city hex).

The 4 dots means that unit has 4 Steps (it was formed by combining two 2-step units to create that Army-sized beast).

Quote:
Is it necessary to have an US on the left side of the nato symbol? Is the US color on the counter not enough to indicate the national identity?

This is really more than 5 questions, isn't it?

There are a lot of different nations in the European Wars, and some people are colorblind/hindered (because, of necessity, a lot of colors are "pretty close" to each other on the spectrum), so we put a national ID to the left of the NATO symbol. This is a pretty standard wargame practice.

Quote:
When will we see card layout and artwork?

Ummmm... Now?

Quote:
Is there any chance that we will see a pacific expansion of ETO in the future?

We're got a long way to go with this project; the Pacific is not even under discussion right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow. thanks alot for your information. It makes sense now to grumpy old me.

The layout of the cards is absolutely cool. (maybe a little bit more distance between picture and text above/belove and they are perfect) I like some pics and also the background text for historical reasons. Well done, Sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, those are my playtest components. The game has not gone out for graphics yet, except the map and Tim Allen's airplane graphics (not shown here).

Believe me, we've made this game so that the grumpiest, groggiest grognards and just relax and play it -- enjoying the game "like old times." That is our goal and the darn thing works!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.