Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find this in the FAQ or search...

I just killed all enemies in my current room. Going to rest for a turn. I have two summons... Do they wait with me? Do I have the choice to make them move to the next room? I assume yes and no, but I'll await a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summons use monster AI, so they only move when they have a focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctaWho wrote:
Summons use monster AI, so they only move when they have a focus.

That makes sense. Thanks! They will chill with me, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure they do something. They act as a target for that monster that was going to apply those negative effects to you.
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Please correct me if I am wrong, summons act like monsters. When there's enemy around, they check focus and targeting them. So if the last enemy on revealed room already killed, do they move even the next room is not yet opened?
And when other characters closing on the next room, what the summons do? Stand idly?
So it's kinda hard to get him to the next room? Even waiting the next room to be revealed, so they can fins focus, that would be too late if the distance is quite far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong, summons act like monsters. When there's enemy around, they check focus and targeting them. So if the last enemy on revealed room already killed, do they move even the next room is not yet opened?
Nope, they don't have any focus, so they do not act at all.

Quote:

And when other characters closing on the next room, what the summons do? Stand idly?
Yes, they'll wait.

Quote:
So it's kinda hard to get him to the next room? Even waiting the next room to be revealed, so they can fins focus, that would be too late if the distance is quite far.
There are lots of effects to let allies move, so you can use those to move your summons nearer to where you need them once new monsters have been spawned to grant focus to your summons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano Fish
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:

If there are no monsters in any revealed rooms summons would just sit there and do nothing.

If a room with monsters in it is revealed by another character on a turn where you are doing a long rest, then your summons would wait until initiative 99 (the long rest initiative number) and then perform their actions using monster AI rules.

So yeah, if they have really low movement it can be very hard to get them into the new room. If I have a really low movement summons on the board I will kill most stuff and then move on, leaving the summons behind as a decoy/distraction when I have a couple 1 or 2 hit point monsters hanging around. That way the party can move on without getting attacked from the rear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.