Subject: Mytha: an unofficial mini-boss expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

Welcome back everyone,

Enjoyed The Twin Princes: an unofficial boss expansion ?
Celebrating my backerkit status changing to "Shipped" with another boss expansion... Mytha. You know, that snake woman of Earthen Peak that's literally swimming in a pool of poison...
It has all the cards you need, plus a 3D printable file for the model and a special boss tile

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://sabercathost.com/4QPp/MythaBossExpansion.zip

What's inside the download archive?
- Image files for 7 regular behavior cards, 3 heat-up cards, 1 boss data card, and a back which is common for all the cards. All images are at printing resolution (64x88 mm @ 300 dpi)
- Boss treasure cards! 3 of them! At printing resolution as well (41x62 mm @ 300 dpi)
- A boss tile, with special rules (nasty poison nodes...)
- A .stl file to allow you to 3D print the model. Note that the sculpt included is slightly different from the one I used to print, I improved it to make it more sturdy.

3D printing?
3D printing is far from being a standardized technique, so print at your own risk. I make no warranty it will work for you. For me, it decently printed on a makerbot at 0.1 mm layer thickness.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the bouding box size is 5.0 x 5.2 x 7.8 cm.
The model was entirely sculpted by me from scratch in Blender. No game assets were used, so it may not be 100 % faithful to the original.

Balance
I still don't have my game, so balancing might be imperfect, especially for the weapons. Feel free to post comments and feedback though.

Credit and copyright

Credits: Steamforged games for the Dark Souls board game, obviously...
Dark Souls IP owned by Namco Bandai. This project is unofficial and is not affiliated with or supported by in any way by Namco Bandai, From software or Steamforged games.

Copyright:
you may print the cards, the tile and/or the 3D model for your personal and noncommercial use. Any other uses (including, but not limited to, copying and sharing the file anywhere) are prohibited unless I give express permission for it.

Enjoy
You will find WIPs of upcoming expansions on http://cha0slord.deviantart.com/ but I doubt I'll do another boss expansion for some time. But who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Frohlich
Malta
flag msg tools
Amazing, can't wait to try it!

Thanks for doing these amazing projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do I understand correctly that POISON OF EARTHEN PEAK in case of Mytha would trigger VENOMOUS QUEEN?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sir, is frikkin awesome! Praise the sun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalbe Troben
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!!! Will print soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Replect wrote:
Do I understand correctly that POISON OF EARTHEN PEAK in case of Mytha would trigger VENOMOUS QUEEN?

Absolutely, the two rules can combo together. Although, for that to happen, Mytha would need to have been hit by a player poison attack while standing in a poison node. Most likely, Mytha will gain a poison token from standing in a poison node, and then be healed for 1 at the end of her activation when the poison damage would normally trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harman
Australia
flag msg tools
I love what you've done with these two expacs. I truly hope you continue to do them because they are amazing. Can't wait for my copy to get here so I can do the twin prince fight.

I love the poison room aspect of Mytha's fight. Got caught off guard big time first time I fought her. To keep that experience intact, I'd probably make 2 versions of her boss tile, one like you've provided and one with all poison nodes. Then hide the mechanism to remove the poison nodes from the room somewhere in the encounters leading up to her (naturally with some kind of mechanic for finding it / discovering it etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're nuts dude!

I don't have a 3D printer, but if you keep making more, I might have to pay someone locally to print for me. Amazing job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another top notch addition.....great work!.i can see the modding community really getting into this game.theres already a group of guys on another thread talking about doing tilesets for actual locations in all 3 of the games! I think they are on about starting with the undead burg..we could have a real gem of a "long term" game on our hands!!...
once again...Great work!thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harman
Australia
flag msg tools
I really hope you do some more of these when you have the time. They are excellent quality and I'll be using them in my campaigns for sure. Curious if you'd put your hand to more than just a boss expansions and try some grunts / regular areas. Particularly with Mytha, there's the desert pyromancers and the mannequins that would make excellent grunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! I'm getting a quote from a local shop that does 3D printing so I can get these to table ASAP.

Any specific advice regarding getting them printed correctly? I'm completely clueless as to how the process works - I gave them the specifications you listed and am hoping that will get them printed without any issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
mightygeek wrote:
Awesome! I'm getting a quote from a local shop that does 3D printing so I can get these to table ASAP.

Any specific advice regarding getting them printed correctly? I'm completely clueless as to how the process works - I gave them the specifications you listed and am hoping that will get them printed without any issues.

If they're professionals, they should know what they're doing (normally). I don't have any recommendation other than standard 3D printing stuff (use supports and check the bounding box size)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bartholomaeus
msg tools
Really love your work.
Could anyone tell me how large the Tile has to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
MundanGT wrote:
Really love your work.
Could anyone tell me how large the Tile has to be?

I have no idea myself. Same size as regular tiles. I still don't have my game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb

Cards are coming out pretty good - All I need are the models and the actual board game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Nice. I intend to have my sets of cards professionally printed once I have my game, it doesn't cost that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
So I emailed a 3D printing business and got a quote...

Quote:
Sorry Luke.There are too many errors on your files and it will cost time for us to repair it. We will not know how long the repair will take.

Quote:
Oh ok, does that mean you cannot do it?

Quote:
No, we can do it. It is going to cost $100 to $300 just to repair the files and we do not know how long the repair will take.

I'm new to 3D printing so I dont know what sort of repairs/errors they are referring to.

Sorry to nag you Chaos_lord! By any chance do you know how to fix this so I don't need to fork out $300 for both your figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Considering that it printed fine for me? No idea what those "errors" can be. I can guarantee that the mesh is single piece, manifold and normals are correctly oriented, which are the only three fatal errors that can prevent a file from being printable. Other errors can usually be ignored for most purposes so I'm pretty sure that if those guys just put the file in the machine, it will print.
You may want to try https://makeprintable.com/ which is a free service for 3D printing mesh correction but again, it's more for correcting the fatal errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harman
Australia
flag msg tools
It's weird. Depending on the software used to get the G file, I'd either get errors saying it wasn't watertight or no errors.

No issue printing it. I think it's a software specific issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe just proxy another mini from another game?...I got a spare "death"mini in my apocalypse expansion for the others bg.[it was underneath the packing for the minis..and I use that ive just marked the facing areas out on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm I'll give that a go - was really looking forward to having the matching mini's!
It's probably because they don't want to run the risk of having any problems with the mini, for fear I might not pay for it.
I might try and get quotes from other businesses and see how I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygeek wrote:
Hmm I'll give that a go - was really looking forward to having the matching mini's!
It's probably because they don't want to run the risk of having any problems with the mini, for fear I might not pay for it.
yeah try another quote..just an idea I do it.

good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
mightygeek wrote:

I'm certain that Shapeways has such an option. It's called "print it anyways". They put whatever you give them into the machine and give you whatever comes out, ignoring all non-fatal errors such as wall thickness, intersecting faces... The counterpart is that they take no responsibility if the printing is not correct and obviously it's non refundable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Cha0s_lord wrote:
mightygeek wrote:

I'm certain that Shapeways has such an option. It's called "print it anyways". They put whatever you give them into the machine and give you whatever comes out, ignoring all non-fatal errors such as wall thickness, intersecting faces... The counterpart is that they take no responsibility if the printing is not correct and obviously it's non refundable.

Yeah im getting another quote from a more standard printing service and emphasising to print regardless.
If you plan on doing more of these it might be worth buying my own printer and avoiding these hassles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Finally got them! They said there might be issues removing the supports because things like the spear would be brittle - so we upsized them by 50%......
They're freakin huge! Hope they fit on the board! Took me forever to remove the supports, I broke the spear on Mytha in about 3 places. Nothing some superglue couldn't fix.
Any idea if you need to prime them before you can paint? They're made out of PLA plastic - I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and primed them (black).
Appreciate the time you put into it Chaos - really top quality figures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.