Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Battarra
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks in advance.
I've been running a successful "people of the Bloom" campaign, that is now recorded and frozen while I wait for the 1.5 update.
Meanwhile I'm a bit tempted to add the Flower knight quarry to a current People of the Sun campaign (or to alter vanilla one).

I just want to make sure I did not do any mistakes with the Bloom campaign and the Parasitic Flower gear.

How Saviors work in the Bloom campaign? (newborns get +1 green affinity, -2 red ones). I thought of two solutions: A) no changes, the saviors are an extra case and get their chosen affinities without the Bloom bonus/malus; B) affinities are added to the Bloom bonus. So Red saviors are -1 red+1 green, Green ones have +2 green etc.
I've chosen the last one: you get very bad red saviors, very good green ones etc. But I'm thinking it may be a bit overpowered...

How the parasitic Flower exactly works?as it is written you can keep alive some stats/skills of a chosen survivor by copying him/her on a new body.
If the survivor gets updated skills and attributes before dying again, you can keep cloning him and so on...
It just seemed a bit too powerful to me. But maybe it was because I was very lucky to put the original flower on a survivor who attained fist&tooth mastery and also the "monster claw" fighting art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, yes, it's all easier. You interpreted both cases right, unless there are details we lost.

Flower Knight gets some bad rap because it makes every game A LOT easier.

And I did not see you mention the Vespertine Bow or the Acanthus Doctor skill either, so you are still missing the easiest parts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italic Font
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Saviors
The last one is correct, yes you get OP Green ones and bad Red ones. But let's face it, most of the time we pick Green or Blue Saviors anyway because the red ones are kinda garbage town.

This is less of an issue in PotStars and PotSun (combing PotStars/Sun with PotBloom is a headache lorewise, but entertaining mechanically)

2. Flower
It's not an exact clone as you can't pass on secret fighting arts (and some other things do not transition), but yes it is a very powerful to partially 'save' a key character. I don't have the book with me to go through exactly how it works however.

In general terms People of the Bloom is poorly designed, unbalanced and creates pretty OP survivors, which is part of why The Abyssal Woods expansion is anticipated (and scary) - hopefully it fixes People of the Bloom by keeping the balanced stuff and switching out/changing the stuff that makes the game too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Battarra
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, it's just as I supposed it would work.

Yes, the flower boy/girl that gets copied is not an 100% clone since you don't really copy everything. But still if you manage to get some good skills on the host it's very powerful.

I did not mention the infamous bow because I just did a Bloom campaign and I never ever thought about crafting it. I always seemed to be very thin on resources.
I plan to craft the bow, should I add the knight to the current campaign or to a future one (something like vanilla with adding the Flower Knight and the Manhunter).

I know it's "Easy mode", but I'm a very bad player that always go for the things that look nice (like fast weapons blush) and not the optimal ones.
In the last campaign I added the Dung Beetle but it exterminated two different parties so I just gave up on him...angry
As for the Watcher I managed to take it down thanks to the super-armored green savior with Timeless Eye and counterweight axe.
(on its last wound I just headshot it with a founding stone)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe with the flower since it is a cursed item it is lost though so you can only clone the stats once not multiple times.
Unless you are beating up level 3 FKs to get more. And you get more in the Bloom campaign I assume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, yeah, I believe it's on a regular timer that you get some extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.