Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: 'Official' UK Games Expo 2017 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the discussion thread for the No Ship Maths Trade for the UK Games Expo 2017.

This is the usual discussion thread for the UK Games Expo 2017 no-ship maths trade, which is a place for friendly banter and where newbies can ask any questions about the maths trade and get advice.

Last year, most traders donated £1 for each game traded. We raised £207 for the Children with Cancer Fund.

Notes:

In order to participate in this maths trade you or a proxy MUST be going to the convention.
The intention is that all trading will take place at the convention to avoid shipping costs.

The UK Games Expo 2017 is an annual convention showcasing historical miniatures, boardgames, role playing games, collectable card games and computer games to be held in Birmingham on the 2nd-4th June 2017.

Related Links
Discussion Thread: UK Games Expo 2017 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread
Request Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2017 No Ship Maths Trade Request List
Trade Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2017 No Ship Maths Trade List
Want-list Generator: OLWLG

Dates (all times in BST):
Submissions Open: Wednesday 3rd May 2017 12:00
Submissions Close: Wednesday 17th May 2017 23:00
Want List Submission Open: Wednesday 17th May 2017 23:01
Want List Close: Tuesday 23rd May 2017 22:00
Results should be posted on Wednesday 24th May 2017.

Meetup at UK Games Expo: Details to be finalised, but there will be meetups each day at the Playtest Zone.

This will be the third year that the maths trade will be officially recognised by the UK Games Expo, who have agreed we can have an official meetup to exchange trades within the venue. (More details to follow.)

Please feel free to add your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fine to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, looks good to me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are a very brave man Rob. Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, you are my hero. I have been waiting impatiently for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.

Is it time to start arguing about charities yet, or do we wait until the thread really gets some steam up first? laugh

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Just in case it wasn't clear, I am joking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
River Song
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love my cats!
badge
Spoilers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this! I got some great games this way at last year's Expo Maths Trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK Games Expo 2017 maths trade is up and running...

Link: UK Games Expo 2017 No Ship Maths Trade List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrote:
11. DO NOT DELETE ITEMS.

Please do NOT delete any items once added to the list as this can cause major complications when running the trade. If you decide not to trade an item, edit its description to say so and/or submit a blank want list for that item. Please drop me a geekmail if you are unsure what to do or you have done this in error."

This runs contrary to the UK MT and most MTs (German, European i.a.) these days. You're going to get deletions from folks who are accustomed to MTs now permitting them, so it's best to allow them. They do not cause a problem with the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
wrote:
11. DO NOT DELETE ITEMS.

Please do NOT delete any items once added to the list as this can cause major complications when running the trade. If you decide not to trade an item, edit its description to say so and/or submit a blank want list for that item. Please drop me a geekmail if you are unsure what to do or you have done this in error."

This runs contrary to the UK MT and most MTs (German, European i.a.) these days. You're going to get deletions from folks who are accustomed to MTs now permitting them, so it's best to allow them. They do not cause a problem with the OLWLG.

Thanks, Lewis. I didn't know that. I'll edit the header. Glad that it doesn't affect the OLWLG anymore, that was always a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Martin
United Kingdom
Shipley
W. Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This sounds great. I will be only attending on the Sunday though. Will that be a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Retro69 wrote:
This sounds great. I will be only attending on the Sunday though. Will that be a problem?
Just mark your games that way, and only wishlist games from other Sunday attendees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All

So I am attending UKGE this year for the first time and have games I would like to trade. I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

At the moment do I only have to add my games to the geeklist with the requested information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenzie316 wrote:

At the moment do I only have to add my games to the geeklist with the requested information?

Yes, that is *all* you have to do.

When the OLWLG has sync'd (usually daily, often more frequently), you will be able to add games to your want list and start assigning trades.

At the date given in the header of the list, submissions will be stopped and everyone should submit their want lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
kenzie316 wrote:

When the OLWLG has sync'd (usually daily, often more frequently), you will be able to add games to your want list and start assigning trades.

At the date given in the header of the list, submissions will be stopped and everyone should submit their want lists.

Thanks, I shall go add my games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a game with expansions, should I list these as sweetners or just a comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're including them in the same geeklist item add them as sweeteners by adding board game links to the post, yeah. Always for the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Item relisted: Epic card game, originally item #113

Just to let people know, I removed this because the details were incorrect, and it has been relisted with more accurate info. Just making sure I make people as aware as possible so that I don't inconvenience anyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenzie316 wrote:
Omertron wrote:
kenzie316 wrote:

Thanks, I shall go add my games

Just FYI, some Math Tradeers (myself included) work through the trade lists as they're updated, rather than waiting until the submission deadline closes. If you do things gradually, you need to go through maybe a couple of hundred games at a time(the OLWLG remembers the last time you viewed the list and shows you only the items added since the last item you saw) rather than the whole list. These lists (and the more regular UK trade list) normally reach over 1000 games, which can take a very long time to go through in one go.

I usually add the games that I'm interested in gradually, but wait to organise my offers for those games until I have the full list of interests. There's also useful features like 'find items in my want list' in the OLWLG that help narrow down the piles you have to wade through.

You're already doing the right thing by asking advice when you're not sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note that I've removed my copy of Asgard's Chosen from the trade, due to offering this as a giveaway elsewhere on the site. It was item number 119.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK Games Expo charity that will benefit from your donations has been named as the children with Cancer Fund (Polegate).

Only 2 days left to add items to the maths trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And cue bizarre charity rant in 3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When I were a lad we couldn't afford cancer. These kids don't know when they're well off."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The item submission deadline has been put back to 11pm tomorrow, so you've got just less than 24 hours left to add games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.