Hide
3 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Taunt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lindsay Carrigan
msg tools
Hi all. Just got destroyed on my second play through and realised I couldn't find anything about the player characters taunt value in the rules. The taunt value is mentioned on page 11 as a way of 'determining which character an enemy will attack'. The rules then direct us to page 19 for further explaination, which I can't find. In my mind enemies attack a target based on proximity (hallow soldier, large hollow soldier, silver knight swordsman and sentinel) or aggro token (crossbow hollow, silver knight greatbowman). The aggro token is assigned based on player choice (entry into tile) or gained on a character activation. I can't see a taunt mechanic explained? Does it break a tie between characters the same distance from a proximity selecting attack? Any clarification would be great. I have probably just overlooked a line in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a tie breaker mechanic, if memory serves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
Forestc00 wrote:
Hi all. Just got destroyed on my second play through and realised I couldn't find anything about the player characters taunt value in the rules. The taunt value is mentioned on page 11 as a way of 'determining which character an enemy will attack'. The rules then direct us to page 19 for further explaination, which I can't find. In my mind enemies attack a target based on proximity (hallow soldier, large hollow soldier, silver knight swordsman and sentinel) or aggro token (crossbow hollow, silver knight greatbowman). The aggro token is assigned based on player choice (entry into tile) or gained on a character activation. I can't see a taunt mechanic explained? Does it break a tie between characters the same distance from a proximity selecting attack? Any clarification would be great. I have probably just overlooked a line in the rules.

The taunt mechanic is used in situations where multiple characters count as being 'closest' to an enemy in terms of movement/attacks.

The order of priority goes:

Move/attack closest character

<If multiple characters are tied for being closest>

Move/attack whichever one of the closest characters has the aggro token

<If none of the closest characters have the aggro token>

Move/attack whichever one of the closest characters has the highest taunt value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.